D'Agostino, Malerba, Tamborra, Giaco and De Feo families from Terlizzi, Puglia, Bari, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Jaclyndagostino
Rookie
Rookie

D'Agostino, Malerba, Tamborra, Giaco and De Feo families from Terlizzi, Puglia, Bari, Italy

Post by Jaclyndagostino »

Hello! I am seeking information pertaining to my ancestry. I have done significant genealogical research and are hoping that some others share the same lineage as me so that I can learn of other family members missing from my tree as well check the facts that I have uncovered. If any of these names sound familiar to you, I would be so happy and grateful to hear from you! Thank you so much!

Everyone listed below was born in Terlizzi unless specified.

Nicolò D'Agostino (Feb 1882-1954?) Died in Brooklyn, NY. Arrived in the USA around 1909/1910. His USA documents state Nicola and Nicholas, not Nicolò. His Italian documents prior to immigration state Nicolò. His wife was Nicola Malerba (24 Feb 1885 - Oct 1967) Died in Brooklyn, NY. Arrived in the USA around 1909/1910 separate from her husband. She came to the USA with her daughter Giovanna who was around 3. Her USA documents state Nicoletta, Nicolette and Colette, not Nicola. Her Italian documents prior to immigration state Nicola. (Nicolò and Nicola's names are so similar...and there are so many variations of D'Agostino on the USA records (Dagostino, D Agostino, Agostino, etc. With so many variations and typographical errors my research was very tricky!)

Together, they had 6 live births. Giovanna was born in Terlizzi around 1906. The other children Letezia, Anne, Bella, Adele and Vincenzo were born in Brooklyn. I just learned that Nicolò and Nicola lost an infant named Pasquale (1922-1923), they may have lost another child named Carmine around 1927 and sadly, I suspect there was a third child that they lost as well.

The Bari archives online were very helpful because I was able to locate a handful of birth certificates that helped me trace the lineage backwards.

To my knowledge, the archives only note one Nicolò D'Agostino born in 1882. The month and year are the same as my records. The actual date in February varies from source to source on USA documents. I think that Nicolò D'Agostino's parents were Giovanna Tamborra and Pasquale D'Agostino. Giovanna Tamborra's father was likely Gioacchino Tamborra. I'm guessing Gioacchino would have been born in the early 1800's. I would love some help confirming this. If my source is referring me to the correct Nicolò, then he had at least 2 brothers, possibly 3. I recall reading that one was named Vito.

Nicola Malerba's parents were Michele Malerba (1845-?) and Natalizia Giaco. I am aware that Nicola had one brother name Raffaele Malerba (22 november 1886 - ?) Natalizia's father was Raffaele Giaco. Michele Malerba's father was Pietro Malerba, a peasant living on Strada Scagnato (1803 - ?) and his mother was Maddalena De Feo. I think that Maddalena's father was Gioacchino De Feo, and he likely was born prior to 1800.

I sincerely welcome any assistance you have to offer, my research is at a standstill. Thanks again!
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: D'Agostino, Malerba, Tamborra, Giaco and De Feo families from Terlizzi, Puglia, Bari, Italy

Post by adelfio »

To my knowledge, the archives only note one Nicolò D'Agostino born in 1882. The month and year are the same as my records. The actual date in February varies from source to source on USA documents
This the right birth record it shows birth was registered on 1882 Feb 26th but was born on Feb 15th and the sidenote says married Nicola Malerba in 1906

PG LINK TO BIRTH RECORD
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

PAGE LINK TO MARRIAGE RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043450

Naturalzation record
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: D'Agostino, Malerba, Tamborra, Giaco and De Feo families from Terlizzi, Puglia, Bari, Italy

Post by adelfio »

Marriage allegati of Nicolò D'Agostino and Nicola Malerba in 1906 theres numerous pages
PG LINK TO RECORDS

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Giovanna D'Agostino

INDEX#557
1907 July 28th in the town of Terlizzi birth of Giovanna D'Agostino daughter of Nicolò D'Agostino age 25 hauler (son of Pasquale) and his legal wife Nicola Malerba seamstress (daughter of deceased Marco)

PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty

Marty
Jaclyndagostino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Jaclyndagostino »

Thank you Marty for your assistance! You've verified the accuracy of my research so now I can continue digging deeper knowing the foundation is solid.

I really appreciate it!