DiCristaforo family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ptimber
Master
Master

DiCristaforo family

Post by ptimber »

The surname is Di Cristoforo and Santo Stefano is a \"fraszione\" or neighborhood or absorbed village by the city of Campobasso. Go to www.paginebianche.it and insert Di Cristoforo in the first line and santo stefano in the third line and click CERCA. When all the Santo Stefano\'s come up slelect the Campobasso line. Have you gone to ther ellis island site wfor your family entry into the USA as immigrants or was it from some other port besides NYC? Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

DiCristaforo family

Post by ptimber »

I will make it easy for you. remember that I do not do the research you do! I merely direct you. Now go to www.paginebianche.it and insert Di Cristoforo in the first line and Campobasso in the thrid line and click cerca. Three persons with the Di Cristoforo surname will appear. Write one letter to all three, incluide a self addressed envelope and in the letter which you can write in Italian (local High school or college language dept?) or very simple english ..english is the second language in schoools in Italy. Ask tehm if they are related to your family. I will get back to you to trace his entry into Canada. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

DiCristaforo family

Post by ptimber »

to trace his entry into Canada go to www.archives.ca/02/020118-e.html for the periods 1925 to 1935 which covers the period of his entry into Canada. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

DiCristaforo family

Post by ptimber »

If you want to obtain the brith records for your father and grandfather then please let me now so that I can direct you accordingly. I don\'t want to overload you but its easy to do and there are translated form letters in italian. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

DiCristaforo family

Post by ptimber »

Go to www.circolocalabrese.org/resources/letters/index.asp for form letters in Italian (i like thiese best) and send them with a self addressed envelolpe and $5.00 US or Euros in cash since checks will not do and perhaps postal coupons might be safe. Send the letter(s) to Ufficio di Stato Civile, Comune di Santo Stefano di Campobasso, Postale 86020, Provincia Campobasso,Molise, Italy. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

DiCristaforo family

Post by suanj »

Ciolfi Di Cristofaro Eleonora
<BR>86020 Santo Stefano (CB) - Via Moscatelli, 15
<BR>Di Cristofaro Autotrasporti Conto Terzi Igino
<BR>86020 Santo Stefano (CB) - Via S. Lucia
<BR>
<BR>Di Cristofaro Cosimino
<BR>86020 Santo Stefano (CB) - Via Conte Verde, 16
<BR>
<BR>Di Cristofaro Domenicantonio
<BR>86100 Santo Stefano (CB) - Rione S. Pietro, 45
<BR>
<BR>Di Cristofaro Domenico
<BR>86020 Santo Stefano (CB) - Via Fontana, 16
<BR>
<BR>Di Cristofaro Francesco
<BR>86100 Santo Stefano (CB) - Via Conte Verde, 21
<BR>
<BR>Di Cristofaro Franco
<BR>86100 Santo Stefano (CB) - Via Sauro Nazario, 18
<BR> ;-)
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
ptimber
Master
Master

DiCristaforo family

Post by ptimber »

MESSAGE TO SUANJ: Your intrusion into this posting is unwarranted since the information is not neeeded. You are obstructing the functioning of this website. Furthermore, please have the courtesy to sign what ever your name is this week!!!!!!!Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

DiCristaforo family

Post by suanj »

my apologies Peter!! :wink: suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
eareid

Re: DiCristaforo family

Post by eareid »

I think we may be researching some of the same people. I wondered if you ever found anything out from your letter inquiries?

My great-grandmother was named Brigida Agliati. She immigrated to the US in 1903 as a widow with 3 children. I am trying to locate her birthplace. I have identified numerous members of her family immigrating to Buffalo and then to Rochester NY over several years. From my research I believe the Agliatis are cousins of the Di Cristofaros (they list their mother as Maria DiCristofaro) and many Agliati, Di Cristofaros and Mitros are traveling together and indicating they are staying with uncles of the other's last names. All of the members have indicated they are either from San Stefano or Campobasso.
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

eareid wrote:My great-grandmother was named Brigida Agliati. She immigrated to the US in 1903 as a widow with 3 children. I am trying to locate her birthplace. I have identified numerous members of her family immigrating to Buffalo and then to Rochester NY over several years. From my research I believe the Agliatis are cousins of the Di Cristofaros (they list their mother as Maria DiCristofaro) and many Agliati, Di Cristofaros and Mitros are traveling together and indicating they are staying with uncles of the other's last names. All of the members have indicated they are either from San Stefano or Campobasso.
The surnames Agliati, di Cristofaro, and Mitri are all quite common in the village of Santo Stefano. As noted in an earlier post, Santo Stefano is a frazione of the comune of Campobasso. However, from 1809-1865 Santo Stefano kept its own civil records, which are available on microfilm from the LDS. After 1865, the Santo Stefano marriages are found in the civil records of the comune of Campobasso (I'm not sure about the birth and death records). It seems quite likely that your family originated in Santo Stefano.

EDIT: I have since found some Santo Stefano marriages (post-1865) in the civil records of Oratino (CB). These records appear to be Santo Stefano natives being married in Oratino. This is similar to my experience in the civil records of Campobasso - in that case, Santo Stefano natives being married in Campobasso. I'm not sure what to make of it.
John Armellino
CapeDeb

Post by CapeDeb »

My relatives came to America from Santo Stefano in the early 1900's.
DiCristaforo and the DiCesare
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Cape Deb is this a new inquiry not related to the people involved here? If this is a new inquiry then please start anew on your own inquiry page. =Peter=
~Peter~
JohnArmellino
Master
Master

Post by JohnArmellino »

CapeDeb - As discussed above, di Cristofaro is very common in Santo Stefano. Not so with di Cesare, which is common in Campobasso. Of course these two places are very close and there were many marriages between individuals from these two towns. Do you have names and dates for your ancestors?
John Armellino
DanChristopher

Post by DanChristopher »

Peter, I am new to this page. How do I start a new inquiry page?

I know that my grandfather and several other DiCristofaros arrived at Ellis island on April 1, 1893 from Santo Stefano, Campobasso. I don't know how they were all related and would like to know more about them and people left behind.