Help interpretating marriage certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
rlcalegari

Help interpretating marriage certificate

Post by rlcalegari »

Hi,

I found the marriage certificate of my great-grandparents and I'd like to know if someone can help me to discover were they came from. My great-grandfather I believe he came from Azigliano, Novara and my great-grandmother I have no clue.

Thanks
Attachments
Stefano 6.JPG
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Help interpretating marriage certificate

Post by PippoM »

As far as I see, GGF was from Asigliano.
Nowadays, there are two Asigliano's in Italy, one province of Vercelli (formerly Novara) and another province of Vicenza.
As to your GGM, surname Savalaga doesn't seem to exist in Italy, do you have other spellings? The place of origin might be Treviso, but I don't se other T's to compare with.
What's groom's surname?
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
rlcalegari

Post by rlcalegari »

Hi PippoM,

My great-grandfather's name was Stefano Caligaris, his parents name were Giuseppe Caligaris and Giuseppina Rossi. He was born about 1881.
My great-grandmother was Angela Salvalagio and her parents name were Antonio Salvalagio and Rosa Bandiera or Bandiera Rosa.

I'm trying to find his birth certificate but it's been very hard. I'm also trying to discover where she was from to see if I can find hers birth certificate.

Thanks

Ricardo
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

The surname Salvalaggio is typical of Castelfranco Veneto, near Treviso, where there is also the surname Bandiera.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱