Translating Birth Certificate

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Jamiepalma2
Veteran
Veteran

Translating Birth Certificate

Post by Jamiepalma2 »

Hi, I need help translating my grandmothers birth certificate. I have attached it below. I do not speak Italian and can not read the handwriting. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Sorry the attachment was adding multiple times...
Attachments
Anna di Girolamo Birth record.jpg
Pianella, Pescara, Abruzzo, Italy & San Filippo, Messina, Sicily
Family Names: Palma, Di Girolamo, Di Giovanni, Ferrara, Fantacuzzi, Villari, Fruttoso
mmogno
Master
Master

Re: Translating Birth Certificate

Post by mmogno »

Link to Birth Certificate of Anna Di Girolamo
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=2043788

Marriage Cetteo Iannoscoli - Anna Di Girolamo
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
Jamiepalma2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jamiepalma2 »

@mmogno Thanks for posting links to the family search documents. I am unable to view them since there is not a certified family search center near me. Do you know if there is somewhere I can click on those links that will translate them for me?
Family Names: Palma, Di Girolamo, Di Giovanni, Ferrara, Fantacuzzi, Villari, Fruttoso
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

I've just clicked on both the links that mmogno has posted for you and I was able to view the records :D :D

EDIT TO ADD:

Birth No 79: Anna di Girolamo
Pianella: 17 April 1888, 10 am

Before the official appeared Donato Antonio di Girolamo, 40 yo, contadino (peasant farmer), living in Pianella, and he reported that at 9 am, on 15 of the current month, in a house in San Desiderio, No 553, from Massimina di Giovanni, his wife, contadina (peasant farmer) living with him, was born a baby of female gender who he presented to me, and gave the name Anna.

Witnesess:
Michele di Girolamo, 30 yo, contadino and Domenico Pietrolungo, 31 yo, contadino.

Side note: On 26 August 1909 she married Cetteo Iannascoli in the town of Pianella, Act No 21.

Marriage Record No 21: Cetteo Iannascoli and Anna di Girolamo
Pianella: 26 August 1909, 11.45 am

Appearing before the official were:

Groom: Cetteo Iannascoli, celibe (unmarried), 27 yo, contadino, born in Arsita,, residing in Arsita, son of Francesco, residing in Arsita, and (son) of deceased Maria Teresa di Giovanni, who resided in life in Arsita

Bride: Anna di Girolamo, nubile (unmarried woman), 21 yo, compiuto? (had accomplished this age), contadina, born and residing in Pianella, daughter of deceased Donato Antonio, who resided in life in Padova, and (daughter) of Massimina di Giovanni, residing in Pianella.

Witnesses:
Vincenzo di Gregorio, 32 yo, contadino
Alfonso Cantelini, 24 yo, barbiere (barber)

Marriage banns were posed in this town of Pianella on 1 and 8 August 1909, and also in the town of Arsita (province of Teramo) on 1 and 8 August 1909.

The bride did not sign the document because she was illiterate.

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Re Online Records for Pianella:

Following on from my previous post here, there are records online for Pianella (1865-1910) here:

You don't need to go to a Centre to view these. Just click on the respective records you are needing. We are happy to help you with any translations. :D Just copy the link and post it here.

You also have earlier records for Pianella, starting at 1809 here:
1809-1815: http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... /Pianella/

1816-1860:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... /Pianella/
1861-1928:
http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... /Pianella/
(Deaths only go to 1928, births to 1906.)

Angela
Jamiepalma2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jamiepalma2 »

@angelagrace56 thank you thank you thank you! I appreciate you translating those documents for me! We had no idea she was married been married to someone other then my great great grandfather. I have been hoping to find earlier records from the area so I truly appreciate that you attached websites that i can search on. I will try the links again and see if they will work this time. I appreciate any help i can get with researching this side of the family. We know nothing about this side and we have no relatives in the United States that can help.
Jamiepalma2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jamiepalma2 »

This is the other document I have on Anna and her other husband. If someone doesnt mind helping me translate them as well.
Attachments
VIncenzo Palma Antoniette Di Girolomo Marriage doc.jpg
Vincent Palma apri.jpg
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Links to:
Birth Certificate of Vincenzo Palma

Marriage banns: Vincenzo Palma and Antonietta di Girolamo

Marriage: Vincenzo Palma and Antonietta di Girolamo

Processetti: Vincenzo Palma and Antonietta di Girolamo
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?” 🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦 🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
Jamiepalma2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jamiepalma2 »

http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.i ... ewsIndex=0

Hi I just found Annas fathers death certificate too if someone can help me translate that as well.I provided the link and image.
Attachments
Donato di Girolamo death certificate 2.jpg
mmogno
Master
Master

Post by mmogno »

Jamiepalma2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jamiepalma2 »

Thank you so much for finding those on family search for me. How are you able to find them? Ive used family search for many years and have been unable to find the things you are finding. Also, are the documents you are posting translated on family search?
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Jamiepalma2 wrote:@angelagrace56 thank you thank you thank you! I appreciate you translating those documents for me! We had no idea she was married been married to someone other then my great great grandfather. I have been hoping to find earlier records from the area so I truly appreciate that you attached websites that i can search on. I will try the links again and see if they will work this time. I appreciate any help i can get with researching this side of the family. We know nothing about this side and we have no relatives in the United States that can help.
Happy to help. :D

Birth Record: Vincenzo Palma
Annotation to Record: On 14 November 1901 marries Antonietta Di Girolamo in Pianella

Pianella: 26 May 1880, 10 am
Before the official appeared Luigi Palma, 44 yo (quarantaquattro), contadino, living in Pianella. He reported that at 5 am on 26 of the current month, at a house in Fonte Prigliano, from Lucia Fandacuzzi, his wife, contadina, living with him, was born a baby boy, who he presented and named Vincenzo.

Witnesses:
Francesco di Gregorio, 40 yo, contadino and Sabitino Vicario, 38 yo, contadino, both living in this town (of Pianella).

Edit to Add:

Marriage Record No 34: Vincenzo Palma and Antonietta Girolamo
Pianella: 14 Novemer 1901, 11.30 am
Appearing before the official were:
Groom: Vincenzo Palma, Celibe (unmarried), 21 yo, contadino, born and residing Pianella, son of Luigi, residing Pianella and Lucia Fandacuzzi, residing same place.

Bride: Antonietta di Girolamo, nubile (unmarried woman), 19 yo, contadina, born in Bacucco, residing Pianella, daughter of Donato, residing in Padova and of Massimilla di Giovanni, residing in Pianella.

Witnesses: Tommaso Verua, 49 yo, tintore (Dyer), and Domenico Ferri, 43 yo, calzolaio (cobbler), both living in this town.

Banns were posted in Pianella on 20 and 27 October 1901.

The parents of the groom gave their consent, and also the mother of the bride but possibly not the father? (Need to refer to the Pubblication where there is an explanation.)

Angela
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Death Record: Donato di Girolamo

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Death Record No 342: Donato di Girolamo
Padova: 21 April 1903, 9 am
Basically it says that communication was received from the local Casa di Pena (Penal Institution) (I think he was in prison), Padova, to advise that Donato di Girolama had died at 9.10 am yesterday (20 April 1903), in the said house. He was aged 56, contadino, residing and born in Pianella, son of deceased Nicola and deceased Lucia Ferrari, husband of Massima De Giovanni.

Angela
Jamiepalma2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jamiepalma2 »

I was wondering why he was residing in a different area then his wife in their childs marriage document. It makes a lot of sense. Massimilla was disowned by her family for marrying him. Thank you for helping me with this. It is so interesting learning details about stories that have been passed down. Ive been searching for masimilla and vincents marriage document but no luck finding it yet. My great grandpa was born in 1900 so according the birth certificate of Anna (Massimillas daughter) she was born in 1888 and would have been 12 years old when she had my great grandpa. She always told the family she didn't know the year she was born. I believe this why.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Very interesting. This is going to be a bit of a web. I need to have a closer look at the Marriage Banns which are what you initially posted, and then mmogno :) found you the actual Marriage Record (and the other links), which I have translated. When I looked at the Marriage Banns I thought I was reading that he didn't consent to the marriage, so that must be correct. There are just some words I can't decipher but I'll see what I can do and later someone will look at it and correct anything I have wrong.

Angela