Rinaldi Help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
CRinaldi

Rinaldi Help

Post by CRinaldi »

Hi,

I am just starting out looking into my father’s family and because they came from Italy and I am here in Australia I am a little stumped at where to start.

Here’s what I know-
 My grandfather, Alessandro Antonio Rinaldi was born in Tirano, Sondrio on the 16th of September 1623. His parents were Gian or Giovanni Rinaldi (can’t read the hand writing on the certificates that we have).
 My grandmother, Caterina Maria Della Bona was born in Tirano, Sondrio on the 20th March 1922 her parents were Domenico Della Bona and Agnese Ponizza (1899-1970).
 They were married on the 13th November 1948 in Tirano.
 They immigrated to Australia in the early 1950’s with daughter Maria born 10th of October 1950.

I want to verify this information and then go on to find the names of the brothers and sisters to start with. Anyone who can help me with information about this family it would be greatly appropriated. If not information on where to start and who to contact, what records you think it would be best to ask for would be very helpful.

Thank you very much
Catherine Rinaldi
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Rinaldi Help

Post by VaDeb »

Your grandfather was born in 1623????
CRinaldi

Post by CRinaldi »

Sorry that's a typo :oops: it should be 1923.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

CRinaldi wrote:Hi,

I am just starting out looking into my father’s family and because they came from Italy and I am here in Australia I am a little stumped at where to start.

Here’s what I know-
 My grandfather, Alessandro Antonio Rinaldi was born in Tirano, Sondrio on the 16th of September 1623. His parents were Gian or Giovanni Rinaldi (can’t read the hand writing on the certificates that we have).
 My grandmother, Caterina Maria Della Bona was born in Tirano, Sondrio on the 20th March 1922 her parents were Domenico Della Bona and Agnese Ponizza (1899-1970).
 They were married on the 13th November 1948 in Tirano.
 They immigrated to Australia in the early 1950’s with daughter Maria born 10th of October 1950.

I want to verify this information and then go on to find the names of the brothers and sisters to start with. Anyone who can help me with information about this family it would be greatly appropriated. If not information on where to start and who to contact, what records you think it would be best to ask for would be very helpful.

Thank you very much
Catherine Rinaldi
Request the "Certificato Storico di Famiglia" of Giovanni Rinaldi (father) to:

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Cavour, 18
23037 Tirano (SO)
Italy

bye Riccardo
CRinaldi

Post by CRinaldi »

Thanks for that help. Can anyone tell me the approxiate cost of a Certificato Storico di Famiglia?

Thanks
Catherine
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

in simple paper:
-the records of 1 person= Euro 2,58 for 1 family's member ( ex: 10 members: 10 x 2,58 )

in legal paper:
-the records of 1 person= Euro 5,16 for 1 family's member ( ex: 10 members: 10 x 5,16); more the revenue-stamp of Euro 14.62.
Regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH