Marriages

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Jamiepalma2
Veteran
Veteran

Marriages

Post by Jamiepalma2 »

Hi, I have noticed that I have several ancestors that married someone that was from a different town. The one example I have is I have an aunt that married someone that lived in Arsita which is an hour away by car from her town that she lived in (Pianella italy). How would this couple have met?
Pianella, Pescara, Abruzzo, Italy & San Filippo, Messina, Sicily
Family Names: Palma, Di Girolamo, Di Giovanni, Ferrara, Fantacuzzi, Villari, Fruttoso
PippoM
Master
Master

Re: Marriages

Post by PippoM »

At that time a lot of people went around for work, and stayed for a long time away from their hometowns: merchants, soldiers, shepherds, woodcutters...and also country labourers, who moved temporarily where they could get an occupation (for instance for harvest)
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Star01

Post by Star01 »

i don't know sorry...
Jamiepalma2
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jamiepalma2 »

PippoM wrote:At that time a lot of people went around for work, and stayed for a long time away from their hometowns: merchants, soldiers, shepherds, woodcutters...and also country labourers, who moved temporarily where they could get an occupation (for instance for harvest)
I appreciate you providing me with that information.

Thank you :D
Pianella, Pescara, Abruzzo, Italy & San Filippo, Messina, Sicily
Family Names: Palma, Di Girolamo, Di Giovanni, Ferrara, Fantacuzzi, Villari, Fruttoso