State and Parish records for Badia di Cantignano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite

State and Parish records for Badia di Cantignano

Post by mjclayton1 »

Hello again, Board-

Sort of a long message here, so please bear with me...

I recently contacted the representative for the Capannori Archives (today, actually). I was looking for a Birth record that pre-dated 1866 (the year 1859, to be exact), not knowing that I was effectively "barking up the wrong tree" here. I was thusly re-directed to instead contact the parish of birth (Badia di Cantignano) or alla "Curia Arcivescovile di Lucca"...

Does someone have that information? I suppose I'd (logically) start with the Parish first. Also, is there a different form letter to make my submittal to the Parish? For the Archives Office, I used Marty's format from a string that he (and Tessa, etc.) had been involved in awhile back. It worked great in terms of getting a response, so thank's to him for that...

In the Official's e-mail response to me today, they also indicated that I could order a family history certificate. Great. That form is attached here and is the source of some questions that I have (note: I added the line number references for ease of use purposes here):

(1) What information goes in lines 1 thru 29 (I added the line numbering for easy reference here) and;
(2) How do I go about paying the fee?

I was told that 15,48 Euro was payment to start. I guess this means that I must "snail-mail" a completed request to them? I'd much rather do this online (quicker), but not sure how to do that and also submit the fee...

Anyway, that aspect aside, I think I'm supposed to insert either my (or the actual family member that I'm researching for?) name, etc., on lines 9-17. But a passport number, too? Really?? That seems very odd...

Also, I suppose I'd need to choose line 21, not 22, and then also include the relevant information for the person whom I'm researching on lines 23-29. Am I correct here?

Any and all feedback is most definitely welcome...

For the "curious" here, I will also shortly attach the record that I'm ultimately looking for (note: I do understand that the 1859 record and the family certificate request matter discussed above are an "apples and oranges" thing here). It will challenge your eyesight, I'm sure, but, hopefully, some will take a crack at it here...

I recently found this particular record on the LDS microfilm, but the quality is very poor. Based on all other information that I have, I'm utterly convinced that I have a (family) "hit" here, but recognize that I'm far better off validating my assumptions with a better reproduction of the actual record.

Thanks,
Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite

Re: State and Parish records for Badia di Cantignano

Post by mjclayton1 »

And here are several photos of the aforementioned 1859 record. Entry number 630. My summary is thus:

Numero 630
Cognome: Pieri
Nome: Ma Umiliana Cesira
Ora, etc.: unclear
Nome del Padre: Gio
Cond. di Padre: unclear
Nome Dell’Avo: Pietro
Cognome e Nome della Madre: Gagliani Teresa
Cond. di Madre: unclear
Nome del Padre della Madre: Gio
Place of birth: Badia di Cantignano
Comunita: Capannori
Cognome e Nome del compare e della comare: unclear

The May, 1859 birth fits perfectly, as this date is reconciled nicely with both her 1880 Atti di Matrimonio and 1907 Atti di Morte (note: that info can be readily found here in the “Andreoni from Vorno” string). Also, the Gio and Pietro names fit, although the latter Gio is unconfirmed (common name, though).

I have the LDS microfilm for both 1859 and 1860 and although there are certain other “challenging’ records (poor quality), I am virtually certain that this is the only possible record that can be for Maria.

Thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite

Post by mjclayton1 »

And last photo here.
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

Hi Mark
mjclayton1 wrote:Hello again, Board-

Sort of a long message here, so please bear with me...

In the Official's e-mail response to me today, they also indicated that I could order a family history certificate. Great. That form is attached here and is the source of some questions that I have (note: I added the line number references for ease of use purposes here):

(1) What information goes in lines 1 thru 29 (I added the line numbering for easy reference here) and;
(2) How do I go about paying the fee?

I was told that 15,48 Euro was payment to start. I guess this means that I must "snail-mail" a completed request to them? I'd much rather do this online (quicker), but not sure how to do that and also submit the fee...
Italian Communes do not usually manage payment of fees online; you'll probably have to send them cash in an envelope, and a stamped envelope for their reply; however, you'll better have them explain to you how to do it
Anyway, that aspect aside, I think I'm supposed to insert either my (or the actual family member that I'm researching for?) name, etc., on lines 9-17. But a passport number, too? Really?? That seems very odd...
Yes, line 9-17 are for your info; they want to be sure who they are sending documents to
Also, I suppose I'd need to choose line 21, not 22, and then also include the relevant information for the person whom I'm researching on lines 23-29. Am I correct here?
Yes, you're correct
Any and all feedback is most definitely welcome...

Thanks,
Mark
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
mjclayton1
Elite
Elite

Post by mjclayton1 »

Hello, PippoM-

Thank you so much for your reply. I will enter my info in lines 9-17 and also endeavor to find out from the comune directly as to how they accept payment.

Mark
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

You're welcome, Mark! :-)
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.