Piacenza Province - Carpaneto Piacentino Commune

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Rap1977

Piacenza Province - Carpaneto Piacentino Commune

Post by Rap1977 »

Hi,
I am new to Italian genealogy and new to this forum. I was hoping someone could help me. I recently discovered that my great grandfather's (Giovanni Castellini or Castellucci) WWII draft registration card. It states that his citizenship is "Italy, Piacenza" I found a passenger arrival record for him stating that his last residence was "Carpineto" Not knowing if he was refering to Piacenza as a province or commune (I see that is is both) I am assuming that he is from (possibly born) in Carpaneto Piacentino commune of Piacenza. But I also see that there are communes in different provinces named "Carpineto" Maybe this incorrect but at least it is a start. I was wondering if anyone knows the address for the ufficio di stato Civile and the anagrafe for this area or where I can find this information. I want to write to them to hopefully obtain the cartificato di stato di famiglia or stato di famiglia originario. I was also wondering if the ufficio di stato civile and anagrafe are province or commune level offices.
Are there other records of this area that anyone knows of that might help me locate him and his family. I know the name of his wife, her birthdate and their children and their birthdates. Any help would be great.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Piacenza Province - Carpaneto Piacentino Commune

Post by ricbru »

Hello,
here there is the address of stato civile

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza XX Settembre, 1 -
29013 Carpaneto Piacentino (PC) -
Italy

Tel. 0523.853711 - Fax 0523.850090

E-mail: urp.carpaneto@sintranet.it

You can also contact, for civil records, (they don't release certificate just the copies of civil acts)

Archivio di Stato di Piacenza

or you can rent Carpaneto Piacentino civil records microfilmto FHL (mormon church) nearest to you

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rap1977

Post by Rap1977 »

Thanks Riccardo. The stato civile would be the place to write to get the stato di famiglia storico and not the archivio, correct?
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Yes, the Ufficio di Stato civil is the right office of the municipality where you can request the "certificato di stato di famiglia storico".
The Archivio di Stato release the original copy of each civil act you request,
bye Riccardo