Italian e-mail

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Petrarca
Rookie
Rookie

Italian e-mail

Post by Petrarca »

My Italian's far from perfect, so I'd really appreciate it if someone would translate this and tell me why he wants my photo?? :-) I'm not sure what a gemellagio is??? Is it sort of a twin city??? I mean what PRECISELY is he asking?

ciao mi chiamo domenico ruzzo il figlio di armando (pancall? tu non mi
conoscerai e neanchio a te pero' io sono venuto in america l'anno scorso abbiamo
fatto il gemellaggio ed e' stato bellissimo noi adesso a fornelli stiamo
costituendo un comitato per quando venite voi in italia mi farebbe piacere se
verresti ad agosto con gli altri americani mandami una tua foto per vedere se ti
conosco poi ti faccio sapere come vanno le organizzazioni per il gemellaggio
ciao
Incipit
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Italian e-mail

Post by Incipit »

Not easy also for an Italian like me, but I'll try:

"Hi, my name is Domenico Ruzzo, son of Armando (Pancall).
You probably don't know me, neither I know you, but i came in USA last year and the "gemellaggio" (yes, sort of twin city) was amazing.
Now here in Fornelli we are preparing a committee for your coming to Italy. I would like if you come with the other Americans in august.
Please send me a photo, this will tell me if I know you, then I will give you the infos about our "gemellaggio".
Bye"

Regards
Tommaso
Incipit
Genealogical researches in Italy
www.incipitprato.com
Petrarca
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Petrarca »

Oh, thanks, INCIPTI!!! WOuld you be so kind as to translate a reply, too???

"Thank you very much Domenico...

Could you do me a favor and ask the mayor or the officio di stato civile he was able to process my paperwork for citizenship? I need it in order to get an Italian passport. I am moving to Sweden in May for a job, and it will be much easier for me to travel to Italy now, so I think I may come for a visit in August. I will discuss it with the rest of my family, too, to see if they will come along. I think my aunt and uncle would come with me...maybe my sister, too...

Ron...
Incipit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Incipit »

This is easier!

"Grazie mille Domenico...

Mi potresti fare la cortesia di chiedere al Sindaco o all'Ufficio di Stato Civile se possono fornirmi i documenti per ottenere la cittadinanza? Ne ho bisogno per prendere il passaporto italiano.
A maggio mi trasferirò in Svezia per lavoro, e allora sarà più comodo per me venire in Italia, perciò potrei venire in Agosto.
Ne parlerò anche con i miei familiari per sapere se vogliono venire con me. Penso che i miei zii verranno con me, e forse anche mia sorella...

Ron..."

I hope this will help!
Regards
Tommaso
Incipit
Genealogical researches in Italy
www.incipitprato.com
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Yes Incipit, it <i>seems</i> that this guy went on an 'official' visit and Fornelli is now 'twinned' with the town in the USA. And it seems the committee they have formed is for when visitors from their now new Twin Town will visit them.

If I can be of any help with any translations - just let me know....

BTW I love your website - very professional - complimenti!

Elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"