Price of LDS films

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Price of LDS films

Post by jcsm400 »

Price for film rental is now $5.50. Change from Salt Lake took effect 2/15/06.

jcsm
Sal
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Price of LDS films

Post by Sal »

At one time I heard of a project where extractions were being made of the films and entries computerized. Any info on this? I have my villages on permanent loan at my local FHC. Time to get there and go through the films has been a problem. I know that you cannot buy any of the films. Are there any rumors, hints, etc of whether there will be a change in this long-standing policy?
Thanks

Sal
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Sal,

I never heard of it, but my FHC is a small one. Someone on this site said theirs has digital imaging, where they can buy a CD for 50 cents & can get all the images they want from a film. Maybe your center has this.

bye,
jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Sal
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sal »

Thanks. I found the thread you mentioned. I will check with my local FHC to see if they have the CD writer and digital transfer system.

Sal
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

jcsm400 wrote:Price for film rental is now $5.50. Change from Salt Lake took effect 2/15/06.

jcsm
Price for film rental used to be € 1 (about $ 1.20), here in Trento.
Waiting time 3 months.
Renting time: 1 year
bye Riccardo :lol:
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

Some the FHL films are on-line. Mexico and Scandinavia appear to have their vital records avialable on-line and the same for West Virginia Vital records.

Someone said there should be a red mark next to films that are available on-line...something like a whole lot of films, but not nearly a very large dent in the FHL holdings. Over time, more and more will be available to all at home to just search, I am sure.

It will take years, no doubt to complete. Hope I live long enough to be able to access somethings I cannot now!....like the first census that lists my name...now that would be cool!

Can't wait until our center is busy enough to get downloadable records. Save a lot on the copy machine.
jjk_16_21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jjk_16_21 »

Where is that West Virginia VItal REcords one you are talking about? I also would like to rent the record for San Giovanni In Fiore. How do I rent them though? Sorry I am new to this.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

jjk_16_21 wrote:Where is that West Virginia VItal REcords one you are talking about? I also would like to rent the record for San Giovanni In Fiore. How do I rent them though? Sorry I am new to this.
There are only San Giovanni in Fiore (province of Cosenza) civil record microfilm (there are not parish records microfilmed)

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++

You can also find San Giovanni in Fiore civil records to

Comune
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Piazza Municipio, 3
87055 San Giovanni In Fiore (CS)
Italy

or to

Archivio di Stato di Cosenza

bye Riccardo :lol:
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

In addition:

The WVA records are available at www.familysearch.org At the left bottom of the page, there is a link to the records.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

This is great!!!! I just located an entire family on my husbands side, thanks SG........
wldspirit