I am so impressed with " Saunj "

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Sammie

I am so impressed with " Saunj "

Post by Sammie »

I would like to say a huge "THANK YOU " to Suanj.

A few weeks ago I came into this site trying to look for my relatives in Italy.
I had no idea where to start and just didn't know what to do. so after looking around and seeing how other posters were posting, I decided to do a post looking for Raffaella D'Onofrio. I got back a reply from this nice person who wanted to help me. Well it happened to be "Suanj " She gave the an address of someone who could possibly help me, so I gave it a try, I thought anything is worth a shot at this point and what have I got to lose. About 1 week or so after I send this person an e-mail I got back a reply.
I couldn't believe it!!!!! He actually knew the person I was looking for!!!!
Suanj transulated my letter for me. Next couple of weeks had gone by and i got mail ....it was from Raffaella....my cousin....I was so happy.

Suanj.....was a huge help in helping me find my new found cousin....if it wasn't for Suanj and this amazing website I would be lost. Since all of this has been happening i have started a Family tree and I have quite afew names on it sor far...I am now just waiting for my cousin to send me pictures and some more information. I FEEL SO COMPLETE NOW!!!!!.

Thank you sooooo much Suanj and Italian Geneology.com for making all this come true for me. :D
You will always hold a special place in my heart.

Sammie
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: I am so impressed with " Saunj "

Post by suanj »

Hi Sammie, really your happiness is the happiness for all italiangenealy forum! Tahnks for kind words, take care, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Sammie

Post by Sammie »

On my new Family Tree I am able to place links...Can I place a link to this website?? I am sure there will be other people who can use Italian Geneology...

Sammie :D
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Sammie,

I'm very happy that you were able to locate your family with Suanj's help. Since she has over 2600 posts, it is clear she has helped many. :D

If you look over the posts you'll notice that several members on this forum have helped many and since we're thanking people, I'd like to add my thanks to them. Maria,(mfjp), Trish,(brujaojos)Debbie,(VaDeb) Lisa,(Wildspirt) Valerie(VJ) and Elba...You've all helped me and so many others since I've joined and each one of you are very talented and special people. Each member has a speciality and together can achieve anything....and just think... they do this because they enjoy it and want to do it! Don't want you all to think that you aren't appreciated any less than anyone else!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And to everyone who has ever posted...you have all contributed something and we all are glad you did.

As for links to this forum...sure. Just copy the url and paste it where you want. Then others can follow the link!

Good luck in your research and continued success!
Nuccia :D
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Everything I have learned, and still learning...... :wink:
has been with the help and patience of Suanj and Peter.....
next to my painting, genealogy has become a passion.......
Thank you Nuccia.

DeLisa
DonnaPellegrin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DonnaPellegrin »

Yes, a heartfelt thanks to Suanj and Ricbru and the other wonderful Italian friends that come to this board. Their generosity is unmatched and overwelming!
Donna Pellegrin
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

wldspirit wrote:Everything I have learned, and still learning...... :wink:
has been with the help and patience of Suanj, Mfjp and Peter.....
next to my painting, genealogy has become a passion.......
Thank you Nuccia.

DeLisa
Was really glad to read your post today... the fact that you posted... was a relief...

Just read (this morning) that Illinois was hit by a tornado (Springfield)... and I know that town name has come up here at this forum... and immediately thought about you!!

Thank you for your kind words, you too Nuccia... :P

Sammie, I am very happy for you!! It was a pleasure to read about how things progressed with your research... thanks for reposting...

mfjp :P
Sammie

Post by Sammie »

This website I am sure has done more for people then I can ever imagine.
It would have been rude for me not to let you know how well all of you do.
All of the long hours being put in by all of the moderators it's overwhelming.

I wish to thank each and every one of you who do this for people on a day by day basis, and that your hard work is very much appreciated.

Good Luck Italian Geneology & Moderators for making so many people happy.

Bless you all

Sammie
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Post by JamesBianco »

Suanj is a godsend to this forum, we would be lost without her amazing kindness and assistance.

:)
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eyetalgal »

ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto.

The help from Jim Bianco's site has gotten me back to the 1600's - but it started here with the first step. Without the help I received from all these wonderful people I'd still be at square one.

Thank you all!!!!!
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Today I was looking over old posts and came across this one and could resist the urge to bring it to the top.

This is what this forum is all about...everyone helping everyone else and respect.

Just in case anyone can't remember why we're all here..its because of this...friends helping friends. A place where we're all equal ..alone we're good..together we're better. Ever notice the best posts are the ones in which everyone contributes something to? Sometimes we use a lead from a previous poster and build on it and suddenly we see a whole picture come together...truly amazing. And then the ultimate happens..the original poster says the two words everyone wants to hear..Thank You, which is usually followed by...That's him/her/them!

Just thought this was worth mentioning tonight and hope that it will always stay that way here...even through the hiccups you can't deny its a great forum with great members..all 18000 plus of them!

nuccia :D :D
rfornal
Staff
Staff

Post by rfornal »

COOL :)

I'm in complete agreement ... good to get a reminder, too!
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Nuccia said :This is what this forum is all about...everyone helping everyone else and respect.

Just in case anyone can't remember why we're all here..its because of this...friends helping friends. A place where we're all equal ..alone we're good..together we're better. Ever notice the best posts are the ones in which everyone contributes something to? Sometimes we use a lead from a previous poster and build on it and suddenly we see a whole picture come together...truly amazing. And then the ultimate happens..the original poster says the two words everyone wants to hear..Thank You, which is usually followed by...That's him/her/them!
I agree with what Nuccia said, after almost 30 years of searching these lovely, kind people helped me find some of my 'lost' ancestors.
Again thanks to everyone who helps on this forum.

God Bless
Emmy
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

No individual is ever perfect - and no individual can 'do it all'.... BUT A TEAM CAN!!!

and on Italian Genealogy they often do!

elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Sammie

Post by Sammie »

:cry: My mother passed away on Aug 12 2006...I am so happy that she had found her family in Italy that she has been looking for. She has passed knowing that her family is in contact with the rest of us all here in Canada. Once again I would like to thank all of you who helped me make my mothers last wish come true.

Forever in my heart

Sammie xoxoxo