Names

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Names

Post by VaDeb »

Looking for suggestions of first names for

#74 Faldetta, Giuseppa
#75 Faldetta, ?? Looks very similar to Giuseppa Guseppa? Is this a name? I couldn't find it on the ususal name sites I check.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/6431 ... dex0wg.jpg

Births are recorded one after the other. Same parents, same time and date of birth. No mention of twins in the record.

Strange part is the comune gave me a print out that listed all the children born to these parents. It only lists one girl, Giuseppa born on this date in 1877.

How do I explain the two acts being recorded? If the first had an error, would a note in the margin correct it? Open to ideas and suggestions.

I know Suanj will have one for me. :lol:
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Names

Post by suanj »

Hi Debbie, and you see also in death acts? it is usual that the twins they born one after other... if the first died some minutes after the birth,
the second twin can have same first name... you read the complete birth act? the act's number are 24 and 25... so it must are 2 birthacts... in same day, from same parents... frankly it would have to read all documents that you have... however Giuseppa right spell, is female version of Giuseppe, and Giuseppina is the female diminutive of Giuseppa... just a suggestion, regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Incipit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Incipit »

Hi all,

Suanj is right.
To me it seems that the first name has been corrected from GIUSEPPA to GIUSEPPE (or viceversa). Maybe the first tween was a male?
Are you sure that the name in the first birth act isn't GIUSEPPE?
Could you post it?

Regards
Tommaso
Incipit
Genealogical researches in Italy
www.incipitprato.com
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Suanj and Incipit, you have both posed very good questions. Some I have asked my self. These birth acts I copied very early into my Italian genealogy quest exploring this family. I have gone through all the birth, marriage and death records from 1821 - 1910. I can tell you the father, Alfonso Faldetta was the only person of that name. He was the only son of an only son. There is no way that two cousins (both named Alfonso Faldetta) married women with the same name.

Birth Act #74
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/8387 ... rth6ha.jpg

The woman presenting the child is Calogera Falzone (I spellled it wrong on the act) and she is the mother of Alfonso.

Death record for this child:
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/7057/0 ... ppa6yl.jpg

Birth Act #75
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9097 ... ecord6.jpg

I didn't find a marriage or death record for this child.

Suggestions?
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi it is same child, a female child born in 19.00 hours( 7.00 PM) of 10 May 1887 and died as you know.. the registration was made from same grandmother, and same withness, but the first to hour 7.00 A.M of 12 May 1877, and the second to 13.00 (1.00 P.M.) of 12 May 1877, ... it could be a error of double registration and most probable it must cancelled in some other registry part... only 1 child .... regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Incipit
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Incipit »

I agree with suanj...

Maybe a research on ecclesiastical births book could confirm the fact.

Regards
Incipit
Genealogical researches in Italy
www.incipitprato.com
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

When I found these birth records, early in my research I assumed they were twin girls, but couldn't quite figure out what both names were. I was surprised when the comune gave me a print out of children born to these parents and it only had one girl for this date.

You have helped me to understand what happened. Same child, birth recorded twice. It seems it would be more logical to just add a correction or additon in the margin, but that's not what the offical did.

Thanks for helping me understand this.

Hugs to Suanj and Incipt. I will keep church records in mind, if I try and venture there. I looked at some records for San Cataldo - WOW they were to much for me to decipher.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

:wink: suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH