Translations of documents-Atti di Mattrimonio

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Translations of documents-Atti di Mattrimonio

Post by jcsm400 »

Opinions needed!!!!

Instead of N(e)ucci, could it be ZEUCCI????? NOPE!!!!! Is Nucci

wife of Domenico, Zaccaria DeLuca???

wife of Pietro, Francesco Piv(u)ozzo???

Domenico died in Belsito. Rosa was born in Malito & Pietro was 70, farmer, residing in Malito
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

Hi Nuccia,
Thank you for your compliments, however the frustration of trying to decipher those photocopies did, I'm afraid beat me.... Whatever size I made them, they were practically illegible. Those that you sent me that you hade copied from your 'copy' (obviously clearer than these) was fine, but with only a partial 'hand copy' it is hard to complete the work. I'm sure other translators here will agree that often the 'whole' statement is required thus ensuring that a mistake isn't made.....

On another point - are you really saying that you got a good high score on your written test results???? If so - WOW - well done! It was indeed an excellent, balanced and thoughtful opinion that you offered on the given problem!

elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Thanks Elba,

Yes, I got a perfect score on the paper! Are you ready for my next assignment :lol: (don't worry, we have almost 2 weeks to do it)!

Thankfully, this course is almost over. Can't wait to see what the next one's like. :roll: :roll:

Hugs
Nuccia :D
elba
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by elba »

nuccia wrote:Thanks Elba,

Yes, I got a perfect score on the paper! Are you ready for my next assignment :lol: (don't worry, we have almost 2 weeks to do it)!

Thankfully, this course is almost over. Can't wait to see what the next one's like. :roll: :roll:

Hugs
Well done - you deserve it!!!
So now it's onward and upward..... to the next bit eh?

Two 'whole' weeks you say?????
OK - hit me with it :P
Elba
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

Hi Nuccia,

I don't know how much of the Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio you wanted translated, I can email you the copy with the full translation including the dates of the Banns that are written along the side.

However, this is what the document states, however, I would have loved to see the original to see if I could get the mother's names a little bit better.

Also, for those of you who didn't know, Pubblicazioni di Matrimonio only went from 1866-1910 on the microfilm. And this particular type only went up to the 1870's depending on the town and the location of the town. Each region has their documents just a little bit different, but their all kind of the same in the long run.

Here is the translation:

The year one thousand eight hundred eighty-one, of the day twenty-seven, of January, at the hour anti-meridian eight, and minute fifteen, in the Town Hall before me Pasquale Gagliardi Mayor, and the Official of Vital Records of the Town of Malito, appeared Lorenzo Macchione, of age thirty-seven, farmer, resident of Malito, son of the late Domenico, of age ------, a farmer, resided and lived in Belisto, and son of Maria DeL?? , farmer, resident of Malito

Spouse conjoining, Rosa Nucci, of age thirty-six, farmer, resident of Malito, daughter of Pietro, of age seventy, farmer, resident of Malito, and daughter of Francesca Pizzo (?spelling), farmer, resident of this Town,

They have requested me to make publication of marriage in this office which they intend to celebrate; these newlyweds Lorenzo Macchione and Rosa Nucci have declared that the groom was born in Belisto and the bride in Malito. The newlyweds have lived from one year to today in residence in the Town of Malito. They do not have an adoptive father or an adoptive mother; there are not any other impediments of relationship or affinity obstructing their marriage, nor any other impediment according to the law.

These declarations are verified, by taking an oath in the legal form, from Francesco Gallo, of age fifty-two, shoemaker, and Tommaso Gatti, of age thirty-six, property owner, both residents in this Town, witnesses to this present act. I examined the documents presented to me and provided my approval, inserted in the volume of annexed records to this register, declaring that the publication would be made in this Town of Malito.

The documents are: the copies of the birth records from the Official of Vital Records of Belisto of day twenty-five January one thousand eight-hundred eighty-one, and of Malito of day twenty-seven month same as stated above. The participants appearing at this present act give their consent. I read the present act to all the participants with me undersigned and not the others because they are illiterate.
Francesco Gallo, witness
Tommaso Gatti, witness
Pasquale Gagliardi, Official

And Nuccia, you should have just emailed me with the document. I would have been more than happy to translate it. Remember, I do this every day of the week.

Smile for me!:)
Trish
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

[quote="jcsm400"]Opinions needed!!!!

wife of Pietro, Francesca Piv(u)ozzo???

Trish, What do you think about these surnames?
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

[quote="jcsm400"]Opinions needed!!!!

brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

jcsm400 wrote:
jcsm400 wrote:Opinions needed!!!!

Hi There,

Honestly, I wish I could see the microfilm itself then I would be able to tell the exact names. I'm only going by the copies that were posted and these copies are very blurry to me, and I tried my best.

Trish
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Trish,

You are a doll! In my defense...I was having a very(I can't stress that enough) month and didn't even think of it! :oops:

I'll email and explain it all later.

Thanks and Hugs
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

The names are as follows:

Lorenzo Macchione
Rosa Nucci

Domenico Macchione
Maria DeLuca

Pietro Nucci
Francesca Pirozzo

Finally...I believe these are right! Thanks everyone!

Nuccia :D :D
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Nuccia

WONDERFUL!!!!!

And your original question was answered too :!:

:) :) :) :)
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

I'm soo happy!!

For all my friends which helped! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thank You for Caring!

Hugs
turnerbk

Post by turnerbk »

I just stumbled upon this post. I have been searching for information about my Great Grandfather. His name is Liberato Pirozzo. My sister and I found alot of information and a distant cousin related to Liberato's wife Maria Vangone on this web site. Unfortunately, we have not been able to pick up a trace of him prior to his arrival in the United States.

His wife was from Boscerale, Italy and they came to the United States in 1894.

This is the first post I have seen out here with the name Pirozzo in it.

Can anyone help us?
ginnymarie3

Post by ginnymarie3 »

Hi, I have been doing research on my family tree for the name Pirozzo.
My Great Grandfather was Liberato Pirozzo. I was going thur a big box of
Prayer Cards that had belonged to my grandfather. I came across a
prayer card for Francesca De Luca died Feb 3, 1936.

I think your Francesca Pirozzo maybe my Great Grandfather's sister.

Ginny