ship mainfests for....

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ciacciomuschettofamily

ship mainfests for....

Post by ciacciomuschettofamily »

Tony and Rosie Muschetto 1889, Italy to Louisiana

Luca and Mary Ciaccio 1885, Italy to Lousiana

Thanks! :D
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: ship mainfests for....

Post by ricbru »

You can find manifest ship list from Italy to Louisiana to NARA Archives in Washington DC, or maybe some member may find them on Ancestry.com
bye Riccardo
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Try this site.

http://stevemorse.org/

Also, please continue in one thread. It's hard to follow your progress on the family when posting different threads on same family.

Thanks
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Perhaps this will help......

http://www.sec.state.la.us/archives/arc ... ibrary.htm

wldspirit
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

P.S. The immigration year (s) are only from the 1920 census. They can vary from census to census, so don't rule out other years.

Here is another site: http://www.cyndislist.com/la.htm

See what is available for Louisiana and where to locate different records.

Hope it helps.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

I know you were looking for ship manifests but I found this census that you might be interested in for Tony, Rose and Family.

http://img421.imageshack.us/img421/865/ ... rge7od.gif

View Record Name Home in 1920
(City,County,State) Estimated
Birth Year Birthplace Race View Image
View Record Rosa Muschette
[Rosa Muschetto] Los Angeles Assembly District 74, Los Angeles, California abt 1902 Louisiana White
View Record Laury Muschette
[Tony Muschetto] Police Jury Ward 9, Iberville, Louisiana abt 1857 Italy White
View Record Rosie Muschette
[Rosie Muschetto] Police Jury Ward 9, Iberville, Louisiana abt 1868 Italy White
View Record Frank Muschette
[Frank Muschetto] Police Jury Ward 9, Iberville, Louisiana abt 1901 Louisiana White
View Record Iovy Muschette Jr.
[Iovy Muschetto Jr.] Police Jury Ward 9, Iberville, Louisiana abt 1904 Louisiana White
View Record Vita Muschette
[Vita Muschetto] Police Jury Ward 9, Iberville, Louisiana abt 1908 Louisiana White
View Record Paul Muschette
[Paul Muschetto] Police Jury Ward 9, Iberville, Louisiana abt 1910 Louisiana White
View Record Batisa Muschette
[Batisa Muschetto] Police Jury Ward 9, Iberville, Louisiana abt 1912 Louisiana White
View Record Nina Muschette
[Nina Muschetto] Police Jury Ward 9, Iberville, Louisiana abt 1914 Louisiana White
View Record Johnie Muschette
[Johnnie Muschetto] Police Jury Ward 9, Iberville, Louisiana abt 1895 Louisiana White
View Record Lena Muschette
[Lena Muschetto] Police Jury Ward 9, Iberville, Louisiana abt 1903 Louisiana White

Maybe it will help?
Nuccia :D
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Could Rose Muschetto's maiden name have been Rona or something to that effect? I find this names in California Death index and some of the children listed in the above census died in California, born in Louisana listed mother's maiden name as Rona.

Record Name Death Date Death Place Gender Birth Date Birthplace Mother's Maiden Name Order Record
View Record BARCA, ANNIE 27 Nov 1996 PLACER FEMALE 25 Jun 1896 LOUISIANA RHONDA
View Record BENETO, NINA T 2 Aug 1985 SACRAMENTO FEMALE 14 Sep 1918 LOUISIANA MUSCHETTO
View Record KAGEE, BERNADINE RITA 26 Jun 1958 SACRAMENTO FEMALE 1 Aug 1911 LOUISIANA MUSCHETTO
View Record MUSCHETTO, ANTHONY 12 Jun 1974 SACRAMENTO MALE 25 Jun 1920 LOUISIANA
View Record MUSCHETTO, FRANK 10 Dec 1975 PLACER MALE 14 Jan 1901 LOUISIANA
View Record MUSCHETTO, JOHN V 24 Mar 1985 PLACER MALE 21 May 1894 LOUISIANA RONA
View Record MUSCHETTO, JOSEPH 5 Jun 1980 SACRAMENTO MALE 25 Dec 1898 LOUISIANA RANNO
View Record MUSCHETTO, TONY 22 Mar 1994 SACRAMENTO MALE 8 Dec 1902 LOUISIANA RONA
View Record TERZO, LENA C 7 Sep 1985 LOS ANGELES FEMALE 25 Apr 1898 LOUISIANA BLANDINO

Just poking around!
Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

jcsm400 wrote:Try this site.

http://stevemorse.org/

Also, please continue in one thread. It's hard to follow your progress on the family when posting different threads on same family.

Thanks
Good reply!
:wink: suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
ciacciomuschettofamily

Nucca, I believe the Death Index contains very useful information. Tony Muschetto, near the bottom of this list, I am sure is my grandfather. I have her name as Rose Ronno. I have not done a census search on her name. Thanks for your help...

Suanj, which thread would you recommend that I combine to? I thought I might pick up different readers if I went on two threads, do you have a recommendation? Thanks!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

this is a good question, and it is better to say also for all authors: to insert in a topic no many names for the search, because the search will be dispersive and confused, so 1 family for topic is better; in your postings are some confusion in effects, so i think that you can make a :

chronological reassuming of the history of your ancestors, following of the consequential and logical points, and describing the current point of the search, and on the data found .. eliminating the improbable data and aiming the members attention at the probable data found; and finally to say what still hopes to find... personally has lost sight these threads and would have re read them all
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

suanj wrote:this is a good question, and it is better to say also for all authors: to insert in a topic no many names for the search, because the search will be dispersive and confused, so 1 family for topic is better; in your postings are some confusion in effects, so i think that you can make a :

chronological reassuming of the history of your ancestors, following of the consequential and logical points, and describing the current point of the search, and on the data found .. eliminating the improbable data and aiming the members attention at the probable data found; and finally to say what still hopes to find... personally has lost sight these threads and would have re read them all
regards, suanj
suanj,

GREAT RESPONSE :!: :)

Postings do get confusing when dealing with more than one family & going back & forth to different postings make it even more so :!:

Plus, there appears to be members with more than one "member name." :roll:

Would like comments and/or other suggestions about a possible new catogory on posting info for "newbies"
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

"Plus, there appears to be members with more than one "member name."

I have not noticed that.......... :?

Which ones....... :?:

wldspirit
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Lisa,

Sent you a pm.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

jcsm400,

"Plus, there appears to be members with more than one "member name." :roll:"

I see you saw my reply in one of the posts and received my reply to your PM...people will sign on with different usernames for various reasons. Some of them are legitimate reasons (I won't mention what they are but please trust me on this one) and some don't. If you need to change your username then please don't post about research that we can follow back on and has already been exhausted. There are others who need help too and it's hard to waste time answering questions and duplicating research that has already been done. If you need something more on the family you're researching then ask...it's ok. :D

Nuccia :D
ciacciomuschettofamily

Hi,

My member name is ciacciomuschetto family, that has not been changed? Sorry for any confusion I may have caused. Or, should I be looking for Muschetto first, then move on to Ciaccio, inother words do one family name at a time?

I have been requested to combine my threads so I am continuing all communications about the ciacciomuschetto family in the Italian Genealogy Forum, under the orginal thread "looking for family in Sicily."

I am now working the many leads I have been given to follow up on. I do have a membership to Ancestry.com international. Any suggestions for navigation that website to find what's been suggested would really help me out.

SuanJ I have written and send the letter to Petralia Sottana. My next move will be to get as many birth certificates from Ancestry as possible. I will also look as some sites that other members have referred me to.

Thanks to all of you for you generous help and support!