Giaquinto Information needed (Found At Last)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
LooKin4

Giaquinto Information needed (Found At Last)

Post by LooKin4 »

I am looking for the family of Gertrude Giaquinto. From what I have been able to find out is that she was born approx 1925 her father was known as James (possibly changed from italian Giacomo) a Laborer. Gertrude may have been married at some time to a man named "Egan" had one daughter name unknown date of birth approximately 1945. Gertrude went to England and married a man by the name of Brian Selwood on October 3 1950 and bore him a son in 1951. Sometime in 1953-54 she returned with her children to the United States then took her son to Canada and left him with his father. She then returned permenantly to the States.

If you can help her grandchildren and great grandchildren would be appreciative. I have attached a photo of her with friends........If she is recognizable please let us know.
Gertrude is on the bottom right wearing the black dress
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: Giaquinto Information needed

Post by nuccia »

There are several listings for Giaquinto's in Toronto. I can send you a PM with their names and phone numbers if you like.

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Lookin 4 , for first step you can search the marriage act in England, so you can know the right birthdate and also the birthplace; with this new infos we can help you better... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

I found this manifest on Ellis Island for a Giacomo which may or may not help.

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0954%2ETIF

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 1192030108

says he came from Salle, Italy originally and lists a wifes name. Maybe something will some familiar to you? :?

Nuccia
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

What US states did she live in? Was she born in US or Italy?
wldspirit
LooKin4

Post by LooKin4 »

i have the marrage records from england that show Gertrude and my Grandfather were married in 1950 she was 25 my grandfather was 23
they were married at St.Pauls Church in Seacombe

but up tilll that date she is basicly a ghost and from the time she came to the us in the mid 50's the same

im just trying to find out where in the us she landed or some sort of record that shows where she is

thanks for all the help

all i really know at this time is that she went to upstate New York
my father remembers going to plattsburgh when he was young
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi in Plattsburgh now is only a Giaquinto person:
Teresa Giaquinto

88 Broad St, Apt 5
Plattsburgh, NY 12901-3328
(518) 566-6549
perhaps is a good idea to talk it and ask some info... in 1930 census nobody Gertrude( Geltrude in italian spell) Giaquinto....
regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

I am Lookin 4's mother and here is a little more info I did find a Giacomo Giaquinto that arrived with his sister Rosa and their Mother Clorinda at Ellis Island Aug 02,1900. Their passage was paid by her husband named ??? Angelo their final destination was Schnectady. Except for this landing have been unable to locate anything further in census records etc.

Any help as to where to look further would be a great help. Will definately check into this lady in Plattsburg thanx.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

the father is Augusto Angelo http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 4630040100.. I cannot find nobody Gertrude Giaquinto born in USA abt 1925.. it is a problem... suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

wondering if it is possible that Gertrude may have been born in Italy 1924-25 and emmigrated with her parents to naturalize later. I know that she alos lived in england and that her son travelled to the US on her passport in the mid 50's. which is how he attained his us citizenship.

It is so very frustrating as we have tried under the freedom of information act in the US to find out about her but she hasn't been dead 100 years and we don't know if she is or is still living.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

here is another Giacomo Giaquinto born in Sala/Italy joining the brother in Paterson NJ
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0444%2ETIF

-another born in Villarosa, last residence Caltagirone, joining to father in NEW YORK http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0150%2ETIF
Gertrude could be again living, but the problem is where... and if remarried with who...suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Janice & Lookin4,

Ran into your other posts on Gertrude & they got me thinking!> The more places you can post the information, the more chances of finding the information. So...................................................................................

Have you tried placing newspaper ads in towns that you know she lived in? Maybe she kept in touch with some friends or family in these towns.

Suanj is correct, if living.....where? and if remarried........with who?

If she did died.......where(USA, Canada, England, Italy)?......under what name?

Was she a working woman with a profession? Could she have belonged to an organization connected to her profession?

Do you have the SS applicatio for her son, the one naturalization thru her? Should provide info on her (if he know :!: )

Oh, and....Did you call the Giaquinto in Plattsburgh?

:roll: :roll: :roll: > :) :) :)
jancrowe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jancrowe »

Will be calling the giaquinto in plattsburgh today.

It wasn't till 1974 that Gertrude's son found out about her when he needed his birth certificate for work. Since then his father passed away 1977, his step-mother's mother has passed as well (she wouldn't say anything about gertrude either). HIs step-mother gives snippets of info as in a sister 6-7 years his senior name unknown dob unknown.

Marriage certificate has Gertrude listed as a 25 yr old spinster in 1950 Father james a laboror. Birth certificate for son 1951 shows Gertrude Selwood late Giaquinto formerly Egan.

In 1984 the son applied for his US passport and they had the info on Gertrude but hid it.

We can only plod on.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi all, please to read :

Person you are contacting: gertrude egan
Person being sought: wayne selwood
Message: dear wayne all these years i have trying to find you , im sure you dont know you have a mother out there , other than the one you know your father took you to canada and never returned if any one reads this message please if you know wayne dennis gardener selwood please contact
This reply will be sent directly using our MESSAGE MASTER automated confidential response system.

Posted By:
gertrude egan on Monday 23rd October 2000

source

suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

again me: someone can look this record? It could be this the sister..:? thanks... suanj

Name: Lucille Jean Egan

Birth: year - NY USA
Death: 1992 - MD USA
Parents: name Egan, Gertrude Egan
Spouse: name surname

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH