Irolla surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Gerril

Irolla surname

Post by Gerril »

I have been looking for information about my grandfather, Vincenzo Irolla. He came to USA from Naples a couple of years before his wife and 5 children who came in 1910. I can not find him on the Ellis Island site. The only information I have is from death certificate. He died in New York City in 1912. Naples vital records have no record of his birth or marriage to my grandmother. My dad always said his father was born in Roma. Roma says I need area to locate a birth certificate. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are 17 peersons in Italy with the surname Irolla and they are all in 5 villages in the province of Naples. Go to www.paginebianche.it and insert Irolla in the first line and the initials NA in the third line for all 17 by name,address and telephone numbers. Now here is what you do. Sit down and write a letter in Italian (If there is a High school with a language Dewpt or college nearby to make one up) If not then english is the second language in italian schools so yuou can write one letter in VERY VERY SIMPLE english My Name is... My grandfather Vincenzo irolla immigrated to the USA in early 1900.... I am trying to find where he was born... This way I can request a birth certificate... Write simple short sentences. Send this one (1) letter to all 17 with a self addressed envelope and a dollar inside. Next thing go to www.genealogylookups.com/narchives.htm and file form 81 for his arrival in the USA. Do this first. Peter
Gerril

Irolla surname

Post by Gerril »

I could not get on the site to order form 81. Don't know what I did wrong.

I have been in contact with most of those on the Pagineblanche list. Some in person and they are not related. Others just did not answer. Whenever I write to Italy I enclose International Reply Coupons is that what I am to do? Any other suggestions would be helpful
thanks
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I just checked the NARA form 81 website and it came up OK. I double checked the www.genealogylookups.com/narchives.htm and it worked well. Using international reply cupons is fine. Anything to encourage response!!! Peter
Gerril

Form 81

Post by Gerril »

Well I tried again to get form 81 and I get a message Bad Referrer - Access Denied. What is the snail mail address that I would get this form.

Gerri
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I just gave you another reliable address for the form 81 even thought the original website I gave you appears to be operation for me. I will repeat it here again : www.archives.gov/global-pages/inquire-form.html. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I sincerely regret that I musty tell you that the address has to have lines that are below and not midway in the url. The correct url is www.archives.gov/global_pages/inquire_form.html. Thank you Peter