New inquiry for DeStefano, Scolaro

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tdarmy81

New inquiry for DeStefano, Scolaro

Post by tdarmy81 »

Hi,
I just joined this website and am interested in tracking down any branches from my dad's family tree. My grandfather's name is DeStefano and my grandmother's maiden name is Scolaro. Most of my grandfather's family immigrated to New York in the early 20th century and remained in the New York area until after the second world war when he moved to Chicago. My grandmother, Scolaro, was part of an immigrant family from Sicily and they took up residence in the Chicago area. If anyone has any interesting information about their family, pertaining to DeStefano or Scolaro, I'd be greatly interested in hearing about it.
Thanks,
Tony
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: New inquiry for DeStefano, Scolaro

Post by ricbru »

Hello,
Since you gave us only your grandparents last names, we need at least also their names.
If you have other records like passport, ship record, naturalization record, ssdi, marriage application and marriage record, death record and cemetery record, many informations found in these documents can be compared, so we drive you in the right direction, in the right civil record office of town hall (or archivio di stato) where the records are kept, to let you track down any branches of your dad's family tree.
I hope I was clear,
bye Riccardo
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

tdarmy81 wrote:Hi,
I just joined this website and am interested in tracking down any branches from my dad's family tree. My grandfather's name is DeStefano and my grandmother's maiden name is Scolaro. Most of my grandfather's family immigrated to New York in the early 20th century and remained in the New York area until after the second world war when he moved to Chicago. My grandmother, Scolaro, was part of an immigrant family from Sicily and they took up residence in the Chicago area. If anyone has any interesting information about their family, pertaining to DeStefano or Scolaro, I'd be greatly interested in hearing about it.
Thanks,
Tony
Tony I would PM Trish from this forum...she's done a lot of research on DeStefano surname and have be able to help you!

I would also post on this other site...one of the members, Paolo is also researching the DeStafano name!

http://gaetano2.com/forum.html

Hope this helps

Nuccia :D
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Tony,

Are you interested in discovering great, grandparents> gr. gr. grandparents> etc. or just descendants of your grandparents?

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
sematranga

Post by sematranga »

jcsm400 wrote:Tony,

Are you interested in discovering great, grandparents> gr. gr. grandparents> etc. or just descendants of your grandparents?

jcsm
I'm interested in tracing from my grandfather, Giacomo Matranga, and his wife - to as far back in time that I can go. (great grand-parents, great great grand-parents, etc......)
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Ok.

Please provide first names, birth years, and same for their chiildren. As much as you know. Hopefully, we will be able to find some records for you and help you find the town of origin in Italy. You need this to do research in Italy.

Hope to hear from you.
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.