Looking for information about Chicago Vecchione family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
evecchione

Looking for information about Chicago Vecchione family

Post by evecchione »

Hello -
I'm researching information about my paternal family ancestors. If you have any information that matches up or corresponds with the following people, please contact me.

Joseph Vecchione
Born October 1897
Napoli, CP Italia
Died 1976
Chicago, IL

Married to:

Julia (maiden name unknown)
Born November 1900
Sicily
Died 1985
Chicago, IL

Children:

John Vecchione
Born October 1918
Died 1977
Chicago IL

Fred Vecchione
Born November 1920
Died 1999
Chicago IL
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

are you conducting anyh research or are you just waiting for someone out there to see the name and contact you??Peter
evecchione

Post by evecchione »

Hi Peter -

I'm in the process of acquiring governmental records (marriage and death certificates, army discharges) . The next phase of my research is to find more personal information (occupations, any sort of stories, etc.) on these people.

So far I've met a relative who had put together a tree, which has given me some additional names. From the bits and pieces of things my father told me, and correlating with the family tree, I'm able to put together a basic proxy-history of my ancestors. My end goal is to finish the development of a family tree with a written history of who's who.

The biggest puzzle piece is my great grandmother, I'm currently working on what her maiden name is and what part of Sicily she came from.

To answer your question:

I guess I'm trying to accomplish both things research and possible visitor connection

In as far as additional resources to look up, do you know of an office in either Campania or Naples to contact for records regarding my ancestors?

Grazie

Erik Vecchione
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

As you probnably know italian womasn never lose their dientityh and the chiuldren take the fathers surname so any immigration record would have to based upon knowing if she came to the USA with chiuldren because the ships manifest would have put mother and children together in brackets for inspection purposes and so her name would appear on top of the children. Did she have a social security card since you don't provide any dates I am fishing!!!!. Peter NYC
evecchione

Post by evecchione »

Yeah I have her social,

Would the US govt provide me with copies of naturalization records?

that's the one avenue I haven't pursued yet

As far as ship registers go - I can't even correlate my great grandfather 100% with the ellisisland.org database yet.

I have a close match, however the difference is in listed birthplaces (hence my question about getting birth certificates from Campania)

I don't have a marriage record for them, (Chicago requires the maiden name to release the records) and I'm suspecting she immigrated earlier with her family and married in Chicago
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Is she alive??? If she died after 1963 you can get her orignal application SS-5 and that will have all the vital information. Go to www.ssdi.genealogy.rootsweb.com for the social security death index. If she is deceased and you find her name then go to the SS-5 column and click alongside her name. Peter
evecchione

Post by evecchione »

no she's dead

thanks
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You don't say if she is alive or dead and when she died. For your information all persons who died after 1963 should be listed after they die. Go to www.ssdi.genealogy.rootsweb.com for the death index and click under SS-5 if and when you find her name. If you send me yhour e-mail I will send yhou the Naturalization page with all the information you will need to obtain records from Immigration. My e-mail is petertimber@msn.com. Peter
evecchione

immigration records

Post by evecchione »

you can email me directly at

erik@designafternext.com

thanks peter

erik
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The naturalization website is not operating at this time so I will have to send it to you when it comes on line. Sorry. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Perhaps you might have better luck so here is the website. http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/about ... natrec.htm and that should bring you to the proper place. Peter
evecchione

Post by evecchione »

nope its down

probably part of the whole condensing departments deal

its all going to be "Homeland Security" Now
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

would a rose by any other name!!! Peter
evecchione

Post by evecchione »