Family Tree

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ptimber
Master
Master

Family Tree

Post by ptimber »

There is no sense in reinventing the wheel...just what efforts have you used to find out about them so far so that I do not have to duplicate your work?? Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Family Tree

Post by ptimber »

You can go to www.paginebianche.it and look up persons in Itri with those surnames and write them a simple letter asking them if they are related to the woman and if they know their parents names and perhaps the year of their birth so you can obtaion documents. Include a self addressed envelope and some money for stamps. You can also requerst a birth record and approximate the year of birth and take a chance that they will come up with something. Write to the Ufficio di Stato Civile in Itri. The service is free but send them 5 Eurois and return envelopes with your address. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Family Tree

Post by ptimber »

Please keep in touch.
Fuscobee

Re: Family Tree

Post by Fuscobee »

Back in 2002, you wrote -
I was already ahead on my genealogy research when I found out this website. I\'m brazilian but, my grandfather is italian and he once went to Itri to search most of the information I have now. The thing is, that I can\'t go on anymore because I can\'t find anything regarding these three people: Maria Giuseppa Tatta, Benedetto Zuena and Madalena Meggiacomo (according to my grandfather, all of them are from Itri, Latina, Italy). I don\'t know what\'s the best way to search more about them but, I think if you have any clue, it would be a great help.

Thank you very much.

Camila Stravato

Well, I just found your note and I looked them up. I found Maria Giuseppa Tatta married Rafaelle Stravato on Feb. 21 1857 in Itri. There are many Tatta's listed. Here is the link-
http://www.familysearch.org
I found Benedetto Zuena married Maria Loretta Maggiacomo on Dec. 14 1856 in Itri.
For Madalena I found nothing under Meggiacomo. So I searched Maggiacomo. I found only one - born 1798 Itri, father Giuseppe Magggiacomo, mother Veneranda Le Pizze. Then there is oly one marriage for Madalena Maggiacomo to Luigi Tatta on Oct. 24, 1819.
There are many people listed with these last names in Itri.

I am Brasilian also but I live in the US. Hope this helps!
Teresa