Surname Dimichele/Dimickele

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SandraDimickele

Surname Dimichele/Dimickele

Post by SandraDimickele »

Im trying to find my grandfathers place of birth and family history. His name was Felix/Felicia Dimichele/Dimickele. Can anyone tell me where at in Italy that this name was prominent. I am starting from scratch and don't have much to go on. He came to the states in the early 1900's. Any help will be greatly appreciated......Sandra Dimichele/Ratliff
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The best way to start is backwards. Go to www.ellisislandrecords.org for his entry into the USA at NYC. If he entered thru another port then yo have to file a form 81 with NARA. When you locaste him on the ellisisland site should he be there then you can find out his year of birth asnd other vital data thru the ships manifest. Get back if you cnanot find any record there and I will send you to NARA. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

P.S. There are two FELICE DI MICHELE. I took a quick look for you and it looks promising. When you click on the name you will see a lsiting for ships manifest in the upper left hand side after the personal entry screen come on. Peter