looking for GALLUCCIO in Reggio di Calabria please help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
GALLUCCIO

looking for GALLUCCIO in Reggio di Calabria please help

Post by GALLUCCIO »

I am trying to find any information that will help my sister and I find out about family roots. I am just starting out and unfortunetly don't know where to start. If there is anybody out there could has any info or can at least point me in the right direction i would very much apprieciate it.
GALLUCCIO

Re: looking for GALLUCCIO in Reggio di Calabria please help

Post by GALLUCCIO »

all i really know is that my father moved to Canada from Italy when he was 17 and that is pretty much it.

his parents stayed in Italy
Antonio and Antonia Galluccio
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

We were all beginners at one time....... :wink:

Provide as much detail as you know......name of the person of interest, spouse's name, known children, any known birth and death dates, and where they lived. This will help members correctly identify your family.

Also, here is an outline on genealogy research which you may find useful,

http://www.graonline.com/cgi-bin/gra/do ... gratrailer

wldspirit
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi,

Wldspirit is correct. We need more information to identify your family.

I did find this information on the surname in Canada.

From the 1901 Canadian Census Index

Surname Givens Age Province District Subdistrict Subdistrict
Number Page Line
Galluccio G. 31 QU MONTRÉAL (City/Cité)/177 Saint-Laurent (Ward/Quartier) a-16 11 31

Galluccio T. 36 QU MONTRÉAL (City/Cité)/177 Saint-Laurent (Ward/Quartier) a-16 11 32
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

GALLUCCIO wrote:all i really know is that my father moved to Canada from Italy when he was 17 and that is pretty much it.

his parents stayed in Italy
Antonio and Antonia Galluccio
Where in Canada are you from? I live in Toronto and much of my family is from Reggio Calabria areas. Did your Dad arrive in the 1950's like my parents did?

If you give us the info that the others asked for it will help narrow down things and give you a good starting point. Remember, just start with yourself and work backwards. You'll be surprised at how easy things start to come together.
GALLUCCIO

Post by GALLUCCIO »

ok i guess that my dad would have moved to Canada somewhere near Toronto in 1966. He had brothers and sisters that my mom never knew about. I don't talk to him and my mom doesn't really know much about his family because he was suposed to marry someone in Italy but moved here instead.

so as you can see i don't really have a lot to go on. i am mostly interested in his parents and his brothers and sisters. his parents names are Antonio and Antonia Galluccio. I do know that they are from Calabria.

I am also interested in finding information on Eda Del Favero born 1910 in Udine Italy. As well as Niska Gazzola from Treviso Italy.

Thanks for the help so far.

Dina