Campenarello

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Campenarello

Post by wldspirit »

hee-hee........ :lol:

sorry suanj.....there was no answer when I started to type my reply....I
type to slow...... :oops:

much hugs,
wldspirit
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Lisa: Kisses!!! and today is a great day for the Italy: we have the new president: Giorgio Napolitano! here the movie of last votation end
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

I am very happy for you Suanj.... :)

now if only USA can get a new President....... :oops:

much hugs,
DeLisa
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

wldspirit wrote:hee-hee........ :lol:

sorry suanj.....there was no answer when I started to type my reply....I
type to slow...... :oops:

much hugs,
wldspirit

This happens to me a lot ,,,,,,,,,,,,,when you only have two fingers for typing, ................it's a slooooooooow process :!: :lol:

:idea: Would it help if we all did an initial post saying we are working on it :?:

Have a great one, everyone
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DonnaH »

I think I found him.
Pasquale De Marco arrived 03/13/1902 27 yrs old SS Sardegna
It says he is going to Pittston to Uncle Vincenzo Mazzarella. So I know it is him. I used to be able to download the manifest but now I can't any idea why?? All paperwork here says DeMark.
Also found a Pasqualina De Marco arrived 5/31/1902 aborard Citta Di Milano (Line 4) It just says going to brother. I can't really make it out. So if anyone can let me know what it says I would appreciate it.
do you think this could be a sister???? No one has ever mentioned a sister

donna
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Hi Donna.....are you using ancestry or the ellis island site??
it is not possible to copy images from ellis anymore, or at least I have
not found a way around it......... :?
wldspirit
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DonnaH »

I was using the ellis site. I was trying to get on the Steve Morse site and all the links say not avail. Do you know of any problems with that site??

I do not have access to Ancestory but can go to the local library and use it there if I can download from that site

donna
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Not aware of problems with the Morse site,........but.....I just went to the Ellis site, now I don't know if this worked because these manifest were in my file, but find your manifest, click on manifest enlarger, when that has finished downloading, click on the file menu (mine is at the upper left hand corner) then click on "save as"......I put it in my documents, and lo and behold, it worked......not a computer guru here......so give it a try......
good luck.....
Lisa
DonnaH
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DonnaH »

Found my Pasquale as noted above. also found a Pasqualina. I was told he did have a sister , and that her name was possibly Molly. Anyone have any ideas on how someone could have gotten Molly out of Pasqualina??

Pennsylvania Records dept finally sent me death cert. on my great grandparents. My paternal gggrandfather was Philip Barletta so I am assuming it is really Felice. My gggrandmother name on the cert. was Venzenia Parlerno. I have searched for that surname and can't find anything. Any ideas???

My maternal ggrandmother was a Stella Puzo. Is Stella americanized? what would the Italian version be? When I search this surname all I find is info on Mario Puzo the writer. My maternal gggrandfater was Saverio Barletta.

I always thought the Italian naming convention was 1st born son named after paternal grandfather and 2nd born son named after maternal grandfather. Seems my family did it backwards..... 1st born son was named after maternal grandfather, SAverio.

So if anyone has Pietradefusi , Torre de Nocelle or Montemilleto records can they please check on any of these names for me?

GUYS HAVE A GREAT FATHERS DAY!!!!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Vincenza or Venanzia PALERMO ?=Venzenia Parlerno
Stella is Stella in italian, in english is star but I don't believe that in USA are a similar first name...
Puzo what i found that was a ancient hamleth near Naples called Puzo Vetere... kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
zizigigi

Post by zizigigi »

Yes, Campanarello is in the province of Avellino not to far from a town called Pietradefusi.
carminepuzo

Post by carminepuzo »

* Segnala il messaggio

Messaggio da DonnaH » 18 giu 2006, 18:11
Rispondo al messaggio di DonnaH.
Mi chiamo Carmine Lorenzo Puzo e sono nato a Venticano ( Campanarello) provincia Avellino- Italia- Ho fatto ricerche sulla mia famiglia Puzo e trovo tra i miei appunti: PUZO STELLA, padre Antonio, madre Manganiello Colomba, nata a Pietradefusi ( provincia Avellino ) il 10 Luglio 1827. la mia e-mail: carminepuzo@libero.it e su Facebook: Carmine Lorenzo Puzo.
Spero ho risposta a questo mio messaggio. Mi scuso se scrivo in italiano, non conosco la lingua inglese.Saluti dall'Italia, Carmine Puzo