Download speed of ItalianGenealogy.com

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Emmy
Master
Master

Re: Download speed of ItalianGenealogy.com

Post by Emmy »

Hi everyone

I am having trouble getting connected to this site. I'm on Google and when I type in www.italiangenealogy.com it comes up 'sorry no information is available for the URL www.italiangenealogy.com. Only way I can get access is if I go to the next line where it says Find pages from this site. (This started yesterday)
Anyone else having this problem or is it just my computer getting tired?
Emmy
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

I think its because Edmondo changed servers. Do what I did...Once you get on, go to the home page and bookmark it...this way you'll get on easier.

Maybe Edmondo or someone else has another idea?

Nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Thanks Nuccia I'll try that. Bit of a nuisance though when you cant get
directly in like before.
Emmy
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

Hi Emmy, I am sorry but I do not understand what you mean.

"I am on google" what do you mean by this, is google the page you have in front of you when you type www.italiangenealogy.com in the address bar or do you mean you type www.italiangenealogy.com in the search box?

What OS and browser do you use and what version?

Do you get the same result if you type www.italgen.com or italiangenealogy.tardio.com?
Tandem fit surculus arbor
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Edmondo
Thanks for replying to my problem. I'm not really good on computers but I'll try to explain what is happening. all I know is that it is windows xp I have When I log on to the internet its Google that comes up on the screen.Below the large word Google there is a row that says web images groups news etc it is in the box below that I type in www.italiangenealogy.com the I press search and before June 13th I always got the correct site coming up but since then it keeps coming up 'sorry no information is available for the URL www.italiangenealogy.com, the only way I get in is if I go to the line below where it says 'Find web pages from the site www.italiangenealogy.com. and it takes me in to someones post. and I can get in from there.
I have just tried the other two links you asked me to try and a similar thing happens with them; sorry no information availble etc. just gives a whole lists of other sites to try?
If no one else is having this problem it must be me that's doing something wrong. but I always got in before.
Hope you can help
Emmy
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Hi Emmy

Go to your members page. When you are on it look up at the top of your screen. Around the middle you will see a 'button' that says 'favourites'. Click it, then 'add', then the little file folder that says 'links' and then 'ok'. After that - each time you want to come direct to your members page, look along to the right hand side of your address window - click on 'links', and scroll down until you find the Italian Genealogy link. Click on it and you should come in direct. Let me know how you get on

Marisa xx
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Marisa
I think that is what nuccia was suggesting too. I've tried it and it works but I still think you should be able to get in by typing the web address and doing search. (I has just clicked what Edmondo was asking me -If you are reading this Edmondo, sorry for being a 'bit slow ' I dont type the address on the menu bar at the top I type it in the search box)
In your debt once more.
Thanks again Marisa
Emmy xx
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

Hi Emmy,

Adding a web site to your favorites like explained by Marisa is always a good idea to make it as easy as possible to come back to your favorite links.

I understand the problem now. You need to enter www.italiangenealogy.com in your address bar, not in the search box. There are 2 ways to do this:

1. Go to the top of your screen and select File, a pull down menu opens where you can select Open. A box will pop-up where you can enter www.italiangenealogy.com

2. Press Ctrl+O on your keyboard, a pull down menu opens where you can select Open. A box will pop-up where you can enter www.italiangenealogy.com

Another way is to have a permanent address bar on the top of your screen, this is the way I like to work and I think the most of us. For this you need to select View at the top of your screen. A pull down menu will open where you can select Toolbar and a new menu will open. Make sure that Address bar is selected and you have a permanent address bar where you can enter www.italiangenealogy.com

I hope you understand my explanation!

Edmondo
Edmondo
Staff
Staff

Post by Edmondo »

I have the feeling that this download speed topic is getting a little off topic :lol:
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Thanks Edmondo That was a first class computer lesson. got it now. The download speed is great --its just me that's slow! :)
Thanks again
Emmy

ps Its just a good job you dont ask us to fill in our age when we register :lol:
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Edmondo wrote:I have the feeling that this download speed topic is getting a little off topic :lol:
Ya think? :P

Sorry Edmondo...we won't let it happen again! :oops: Say you're sorry, too Marisa....

Nuccia :D
Marisa6
Elite
Elite

Post by Marisa6 »

Sorry :oops:

Marisa :D
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
Edmondo
Staff
Staff