[b]Roselli / Giorgio family[/b]

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
DebVanPaemel

[b]Roselli / Giorgio family[/b]

Post by DebVanPaemel »

I am looking for any information on my grandfather Antonio Roselli's family. His fathers name was Salvatore Roselli and his mother was Maria Elena Giorgio. I have a hand written document in Italian that looks to be some sort of birth record for Maria but know nothing about my grandfathers family. I have a photo of my grandfather and two other men I was told were his brothers Luigi and Giuseppi Roselli. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. I have no clue where to start with this and have been looking for someone for a year to help. The document has something on it about the official of the state civile of the com(?) of Villa S. Lucia something of a provice. The handwriting is hard to make out to translate without knowing Italian. I'm hoping someone can help me. Thanks, Debbie
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The town of origin is Villa Santa Lucia, postal code 03030, Province of Frosinone, in the Lazio region. I gave you this fiurst because this is the most important. There are no Roselli surnamed persons in Villa Santa Lucia but there are 27 persons surnamed Giorgio. To get the feel of these names go to www.paginebianche.it and put in the surname Giorgio in the first line and Villa Santa Lucia in the third line and click Cerca. When a screen come on click on the line that says "lazio" and across where it says Villa Santa Lucia, click that town name and the listing will appear by name,address and telphone number. The best way to start is to work backwards from the USA to Italy. Go to www.ellisisland.org for their entry into the USA and that will give you age at time of entry and town of origin. Women iun Italy do not lose thier identity so yuour grasndmother came in her maiden name. When you compiled their names,date or years of birth and town of origin then you can request documents from Italy and that town in italian with form letters that I will tell you about. Do this firstr and get back to me. Peter
DebVanPaemel

Ellis island

Post by DebVanPaemel »

Thank you for all your information. My grandfather's parents did not come to American, he and his two brothers came but my grandfather Antonio told us that he did not pay for passage so I cannot find him on any of the Ellis Island records. I have only the two records of his to go by and have no idea what happened to his brothers only that I was told their names were Luigi and Guisseppi. Perhaps I can find a place of birth for Antonio from the military record and trace him from there? They are hard to make out because the form was filled in by hand and the writing is not always so good. Thank you again, I am so excited to find someone who may be able to help me!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You can file a NARA from 81 based upon his name. Form 812 is a passenger arrival record for USA archives. Go to www.genealogulookups.com/narchives.htm for the form.

The next thing you can do is send a form lettter in Italian asking for his military records (registro di Leva). Go to www.italianancestrycom in part 3 and see if you can tailor a letter if they do not have one for military records and mail it toArcvhivi Militare, Archivi di Stato di Frosinone, Postale 03100, Piazza de Matthaeis, Frosinone,Lazio, Italy
Keep in touch. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

The thought occurs to me that poerhaps you can send me a copy of the document to me by e-mail. do you have that facility to do so?? peter
DebVanPaemel

Roselli Document

Post by DebVanPaemel »

Yes, I have the three page document with the Villa Santa Lucia listed on it already scanned that I could send. The army record pages I have not yet scanned, that lists where my grandfather was born and more information about him. I am not at my home right now but will be able to send them later this evening if you could look at them for me I would very much appreciate it. Just let me know where to send them and thank you again!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Before we go further just what specific infiormation do you want to know? Perhaps it may not be nrcessary to e-mail any documents at all. peter
DebVanPaemel

Post by DebVanPaemel »

I want to know who my ancesters were in my grandfathers family. I want to find out if the two men in the photo I have of him were siblings or if he was an only child. If possible how and when he came to America. I guess I am just trying to find out something about him other than this is his name.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Since you know who your Ggreatgrandfather is by name as well as his wife ,your Greatgrandmother and you have a clue as to her birth year from the document you said you have that looks like a birth record, you can request a CERTFICATO DI STATO DI FAMIGLIA in your Ggreatgrandfathers name fromViulla Santa Lucia whgose address I already have given you. You can send a form letter for this certificate by going to www.italianancestry.com in part 3 and send the form letter filled out as best you can to the address I gave you Ufficio di Stato Civile...etc etc...Include a self addressed envelope and $5.00 USA or EURO for their expediting this. Wriutten requests have low priority since people there who walk in are taken care of first. They do not take money orders or personal checks so you can send cash or postal coupons. The service is free but the Mormon church people suggest thius. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Since you know who your Ggreatgrandfather is by name as well as his wife ,your Greatgrandmother and you have a clue as to her birth year from the document you said you have that looks like a birth record, you can request a CERTFICATO DI STATO DI FAMIGLIA in your Ggreatgrandfathers name fromViulla Santa Lucia whgose address I already have given you. You can send a form letter for this certificate by going to www.italianancestry.com in part 3 and send the form letter filled out as best you can to the address I gave you Ufficio di Stato Civile...etc etc...Include a self addressed envelope and $5.00 USA or EURO for their expediting this. Wriutten requests have low priority since people there who walk in are taken care of first. They do not take money orders or personal checks so you can send cash or postal coupons. The service is free but the Mormon church people suggest thius. Peter