Zelle from Venice

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jptrump

Zelle from Venice

Post by jptrump »

I am searching for the parents and ancestors of Jacob Zelle, born 24 Jan 1851, Venice. Jacob married Lucille Isma from Belluno. Their first son, Minato, was born about 1881. They immigrated to Mexico about 1882.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Since this is the second posting for the same family there is no sense in reinventing the wheel!! However, since Italian civil records commenced after unificiation of Italy in Venice, there is most likely archives for civil records for earlier periods under self or foreign occupation or possession. I feel comfrotable in referrring you to the Director Mr. Paolo Selmi, Archivio di Stato di Venezia, Campo Di Frari, 3002-30125, Venezia, Italy or if you wish you can send an e-mail to Asve@archivi beneculturali.it and simply ask for what you want. Lots of luck. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Although I mentioned this in your other posting, the Family History Library of the Mormon church may also be researched for similar records and may also be another method for your research. Peter
Silvie

Zelle/Zalla

Post by Silvie »

My grandfather Zalla was born 1850 in San Polo di Piave in the Veneto but had several cousins in nearby San Polo di Piave. The name Giacomo (Jacobi in earlier Latin records) was very common in the Zalla family.
Searching Zalla, Bortoletto, Toffenetti, from Trentino and/or Veneto and Musante of Genoa.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are 35 persons in Veneto surnamed ZALLA. There is one Zalla in San Polo di Piave. Go to www.paginebianche.it and put in the ZALLA surname in the first line and San Polo di Piave in the third line and click cerca for the listing. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are 35 persons in Veneto surnamed ZALLA. There is one Zalla in San Polo di Piave. Go to www.paginebianche.it and put in the ZALLA surname in the first line and San Polo di Piave in the third line and click cerca for the listing. Peter