VIOLISSI SURNAME - NORTHERN ITALY

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Melody

VIOLISSI SURNAME - NORTHERN ITALY

Post by Melody »

LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION REGARDING MY GRANDFATHER, MARCELLO VIOLISSI (VIOLESSI). IMMIGRATED TO THIS COUNTRY, MAY 7, 1906 FROM SONDRIO. (ELLIS ISLAND WEBSITE)

VERY INTERESTED IN LOCATING ITALIAN BIRTH RECORD OF HIM IN ITALY. NOT SURE OF HIS BIRTHPLACE POSSIBLY MILANO OR SONDRIO?

NEED HELP IN WHERE TO OBTAIN THESE DOCUMENTS IN SONDRIO OR MILAN.

THANK YOU

MELODY VIOLISSI
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: VIOLISSI SURNAME - NORTHERN ITALY

Post by wldspirit »

You can research birth, marriage and deaths at your local lds on microfilm
for Milano 1866 to 1929:

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... +Milano+%2 &columns=*,0,0

microfilm for Sondrio 1866 to 1929:

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile &columns=*,0,0

To locate a lds library near you:

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

hope this helps......
wldspirit
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi all, a great new!!
In private way, and free, I helped Melody, so I found the ship's manifest of first travel of Marcello, and had a indication...
Civo (in Sondrio province) as last residence... but no luck for the search in italy.... in Civo no record about Marcello..

after some month, I again helped Melody...
I find the censuses( the surname was so mistaken!) the draft registration card, and some other helpful record.... ... when I was sure of some data, I asked at Melody of to make the right request in Italy for to find the right place..

and today the reply!!!!
Marcello Violissi was a foundling raised by Ciapponi family of Civo town
(exactly: right !!!).

He was born in COMO town..

I'm so happy for Melody! as we say in Italy:
MAI dire MAI that mean: we don't must to say never the NEVER word! (because all is possible, also the difficult thing).. this is my famous persistence.... :lol:
kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Suanj & Melody,

Congratulations! I can feel the excitement rays here in Kentucky.

Suanj, you are the greatest!

:) jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Congratulations on a job well done Suanj......it must have been a long and difficult search......happy it turned out so well!! :wink:
Hugs,
DeLisa
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

HI friends! I'm so happy, this was a sad story of a italian emigrated... I believe that marcello now is in the God peace.. the descendants found the right place .. really I 'm so happy! Marcello was a wonderful man, but he had a sad life! I love it! The story is so beautiful, it seem a romance.... italian great people! Kisses, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Congratulations Suanj, there is no one like you!
kisses Riccardo
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

thanks Riccardo, really the search was difficult, but no impossible, so success finally, thanks, regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Melody

Post by Melody »

I have had with great desire to find my Italian roots and have been searching for my grandfather Marcello Violissi for many, many years. When I contacted Raffaella, I found her to be quite the professional as she has found many documents including military documentation that I had no idea of and the 2 entries into the United States from Italy. She is very patient in translating documents from Italian to English. As stated, this was a difficult search considering my grandfather was an abandoned infant. Rafaella is a very persistent woman who has a very big heart and cares very much about what she's doing. I can't express enough as I'm still trying to digest all this.

Grazie mille Rafaella, see you in Como !

Melody Violissi
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Melody, GOD helped me and you for the search, otherwise no search success, now you know more about your Marcello, and all, here, we love it! kisses, Raffaella

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
trevisan2
Master
Master

Post by trevisan2 »

Congratulations Suanj.
You are the greatest!! It is great to have someone on the Italy side, helping everybody else find their people.
I will never forget you helping me find several of my Vendrame family on hard to read or find records.

thanks
again,
Trevisan2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Thanks Trevisan! Italian great people! regards, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

suanj wrote:HI friends! I'm so happy, this was a sad story of a italian emigrated... I believe that marcello now is in the God peace.. the descendants found the right place .. really I 'm so happy! Marcello was a wonderful man, but he had a sad life! I love it! The story is so beautiful, it seem a romance.... italian great people! Kisses, suanj
Wish we knew more about this beautiful story! Maybe Melody can fill us in?

If Marcello is watching I'm sure he would be proud to know that he's been looked for, studied about, and certainly has a place in Melody's family history...

Congratulations Suanj, you are one determined woman who never gives up! :P

Maria
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

I also am curious about this story...hope Melody is willing to share if its not too personal!

Suanj, you never give up...where do you get this determination from? I forget things from hour to hour if I don't write it down and post it somewhere...what is your secret? :lol:

Hugs
Nuccia :D
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Nuccia and Maria, my secret is the justice and truth desire... so, I think in my mind, that is impossible that a person, don't have roots, any person have roots, so, when I don't find it, I say my self: " I must to search better and more.." because any life is always a trace in the Universe... "
this Marcello story, is a sad story; in my experience I knowed so much story, and normally all italian emigrated in foreign countries, well they had a strong life.. some time more strong, so I know some story of very strong life..

this Marcello story is a sad story, of a beautiful man, that never knowed the parents, he was raised from a family in Civo( Sondrio province) but he was a foundling in Como born... the first time that he came in USa was before of 1900.. was 16 old... after back in Italy, he made the militar service( only some months really) and after back in USA.
From this moment the Marcello's life change... don't know when he was in New York, but for sure in this time of permanence in New York he meet some bad people....

after I found another militar record, but in USA.. and was a PARTICULAR record, so we know more... Marcello was a man that raised in a family that was no the own family, but however was a family... but Marcello had so much needing of love in the life, that the "adopting" family (never adopted) don't was sufficient.... for love needing...

From the New York period.. the Marcello life was changed... more: was changed the Marcello spirit... no more smiles in all family, yes, family, because he married a sweet woman, also italian, also of Como.. he had the children, and no peace for this family: the New York's life error was always present in the life family.. until.. until the Marcello suicide.. but a induced suicide... so I think that now Marcello is in the God embrace.. finally and in the peace... I hope that Melody will give a contribute in the Marcello story.. this is all what i remember in this moment...

thanks for kind words, to make the search is to search the truth!
Italians great people!
kisses, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH