More about Giuseppe Maffeo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dulceminnesota

More about Giuseppe Maffeo

Post by dulceminnesota »

Here is an update that I got from the past forum. We are looking for more information related to Giuseppe Maffeo and our relatives in Italy. He was born in Torino in 1866. He died in 1932 in Ecuador. We think he has family in Torino (quartiere Madonna di Campagna). My grandmother would like to keep in touch with those relatvies. If you have more information about him and his family we will appreciate it. Thanks again for all your help.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: More about Giuseppe Maffeo

Post by VaDeb »

Please, don't start a new topic on the same subject. It gets very confusing and anyone trying to help you just repeats work already done.

Here is this topic already:
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =5157.html

Here is another one where you were asked to not start a new topic.
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =5158.html

At the top is a button "post reply" use that or the "quick reply" at the bottom.

You began with your grandmother passed away. How will she be keeping in touch with relatives in Italy?
dulceminnesota

Post by dulceminnesota »

Debbie,
Sorry to bother you. I am new with this site. I just wanted to update with new information that I got. I did not know that I was not suppose to do that.
I never say my grandmother passed away. My grandmother is alive. The one that is dead is my grandmother's grandfather (Giuseppe).
Also I want to say THANKS to Trish and Sanj for their help.
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Updating information is good. Just continue with the thread you started. When you begin a new thread each time it is very difficult to follow.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Hi Minnesota.........

We do not encourage duplicate post, as stated, it does make it difficult to keep track of research and the goal here is to be as helpful as we can be.........
per forum rules, we also do not encourage "backseat moderators"...something I was unaware of till recently......and I do apologize if you were offended in any way.

Quick tip.......to find your original post, simply click on your account to the left of the screen, this will bring up your page and a list of all threads/topics which you posted........hope this helps!!! :wink:

wldspirit
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

Sorry. Guess I misunderstood and confused posts. Earlier you had written that "My 92 year old grandmother just passed away. "

I will make sure I don't "backseat moderate" in the future"

Debbie
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

The goal here is not to offend anyone, but there have been complaints by posters regarding "back seat moderation"........I was not aware of this until recently as stated above.........and even I had to check the rules..... :oops:

I think in part, this is due to the large number of duplicate post we have had lately, which is fustrating to many researchers.

As always your contribution to the forum is much appreciated........
wldspirit
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

If I can just add..

I had no idea of the rules either until wldspirit pointed it out so I'm also guilty! :oops: The last couple of weeks have been filled with duplicate posts, and fustrated posters (both new and old) and incomplete or incorrect information becasue of this. We seem to be jumping back and forth and not able to track everything. I know for myself that I have been also receiving personal emails asking for help in finding info for posters who don't post on the board...then I can spend hours directing them back here.

We all thought it would be best to address it becasue we're all getting alot of emails regarding it from all sides. I hope you can appreciate this..the comment is a general one and certainly not directed at you personally. :D .

We'd be lost without your input and your expertise...

We're working on a topic to hopefully guide new posters on how to correctly post which hopefully will eliminate all this confusion and put everything back on track.

Meanwhile, for all members.... feel free to email or PM us to report any violations on board rules and we will attempt to resolve the issue.

nuccia :D