Gidaro/Nestico/Feudale/Procopio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Gidget6880

Gidaro/Nestico/Feudale/Procopio

Post by Gidget6880 »

I recently found out that my Italian side of the family might meet up randomly with my Polish side of the family. My family was from Isca Sullo Ionio and the surnames are Gidaro/Procopio/Pitello. At least that is what I know right now. My Polish side of the family is Coveleski and my great aunt Florence Coveleski married James Feudale sometime before the 1930 census. The Feudale family was also from Isca Sullo Ionio, which is a small town in Calabria. My Gidaro family is Dominic Gidaro and Caterina Procopio. I don't know who Dominic's parents are but Caterina's are Andrea Procopio and Elisabeta Pitello. Elisabeta's father was Antonio. Dominic and Caterina had 4 Children Anthony, Elizabeth, Marie, and Stephen.
James Feudales parents were James and Barbara. He had one sister that I know of Concetta(Carrie was her nickname) who married Nicholas Nestico. Nicholas was actually born in Isca Sullo Ionio and his father was Antonio. I don't know who his mother is. If anyone has any information in linking these two families I would really appreciate the help.
Thanks
Lisa
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Gidaro/Nestico/Feudale/Procopio

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Lisa,

Have you ordered the LDS films for Isca Sullo Ionio.? These were provided on your other post "Gidaro from Isca Sull Jonio."

http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =5051.html

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Gidget6880

Post by Gidget6880 »

I haven't been able to get to a FHC because I have been busy with interviews and such for xray school. I just uncovered the connection late on Sunday and wanted to post something on the off chance that someone might have some info. I hope to get to my FHC sometime next month.
Lisa
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Lisa,

If possible, you may want to see if you can get to your FHC just to place the order for the films. It takes about 4 to 6 weeks for the films to came from SLC, Utah.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
JNicholas

Post by JNicholas »

Gidget6880 wrote:I recently found out that my Italian side of the family might meet up randomly with my Polish side of the family. My family was from Isca Sullo Ionio and the surnames are Gidaro/Procopio/Pitello. At least that is what I know right now. My Polish side of the family is Coveleski and my great aunt Florence Coveleski married James Feudale sometime before the 1930 census. The Feudale family was also from Isca Sullo Ionio, which is a small town in Calabria. My Gidaro family is Dominic Gidaro and Caterina Procopio. I don't know who Dominic's parents are but Caterina's are Andrea Procopio and Elisabeta Pitello. Elisabeta's father was Antonio. Dominic and Caterina had 4 Children Anthony, Elizabeth, Marie, and Stephen.
James Feudales parents were James and Barbara. He had a sister that I know of; Concetta(Carrie was her nickname) who married Nicholas Nestico. Nicholas was actually born in Isca Sullo Ionio and his father was Antonio. I don't know who his mother is. If anyone has any information in linking these two families I would really appreciate the help.
Thanks
Lisa
Hi Lisa,

Carrie Feudale Nestico was my grandmother. James (Skinny) was my great uncle. Florrie was my great aunt. She taught me how to play Rummy 500 and we spent many hours together. I loved her pies. Nicholas Nestico's (1/6/1895) parents were Antonio Nestico and Concetta Varano. Carrie's (4/1/1899) were Pasquale Feudale and Barbara Pirelli. Carrie's grandmother was Maria Theresa Procopio. Carrie and Jimmy had an older sister Tessie (Esther, Barbara, etc.) who married a Pupo. Carrie and Nicholas were both born in Isca and had 9 children. They were married in Marion Heights in 1916. Florrie, I believe, had six: Betty, Eleanor, Lenny, Jimmy, Barbara(?) in Mt. Carmel, and Joe. Betty lives in the original home on Warsaw St. in Marion Heights. Florrie and Skinny are both buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. I can be reached at Calabrese99@comcast.net.
John
Anniee Bee

Post by Anniee Bee »

Hi I am not sure if this link is still followed but I am Ann Bruno my maiden name was Annmarie Feudale, Florence coveleski was my grandmother (Nonna) and James Feudale (Papo). I do not know much about the history of the family What John wrote in the last post was all correct. My grand parents were buried in Arlington cemetery they were to be buried one on top of each other but James was buried 12 feet down and nonna was to be buried on top but that didn't happen she was buried next to him instead. My father was Leonard Henry Feudale he did in 2007 of cancer and heart failure and is buried in the Marion heights cemetery Our Lady of Sorrow. My mothers name was Margaret Jan Parker from Shamokin she died if diabetes complications in 2010 and was cremated and ashes scattered the little grand canyon in Pennsylvania. James Feudale died in 1977 in the VA hospital of cancer. He was cremated and ashes placed on his grandmothers grave in Marion heights he was a atheist and also gay the love of his life was a man named Barron. My Uncle Jim spent a lot of time in NY City and told great stories about being a window washer. He also stuttered.