Viva La Sposa!

As a nation state, Italy has emerged only in 1871. Until then the country was politically divided into a large number of independant cities, provinces and islands. The currently available evidences point out to a dominant Etruscan, Greek and Roman cultural influence on today's Italians.
little-miss

Viva La Sposa!

Post by little-miss »

Hey all! 8)

I recently went to an Italian wedding, Yay for me LOL, and I was just wondering if anyone could give me the title/artist of that song they do every wedding?

You know the one where the father of the bride dances with the bride for the first time - "Viva la sposa..... ti canta Papá... esser felice" etc. etc.

I love that song so much!

Can anyone help me out so I can get myself a copy of it :wink:
little-miss

Re: Viva La Sposa!

Post by little-miss »

Hi again,

If anyone is interested *looks around* I managed to find it!

Enrico Masini - Lauretta Mia

It's a lovely song :) so check it out if you get the opportunity.
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

little-miss wrote:Hi again,

If anyone is interested *looks around* I managed to find it!

Enrico Masini - Lauretta Mia

It's a lovely song :) so check it out if you get the opportunity.
Yes, its a beautiful song and I always end up crying and ruining my make up.. :D

This song is played very often at Italian weddings here and when I got married I purposely chose not to play it..although months earlier I bought the "album" (remember those?) to practice dancing with my Dad. After playing it once Dad and I both decided we couldn't do it! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for reminding me of this. I'm on my way to my parents house now..think I'll give my Dad a big hug and kiss..especially since my wedding anniversary is in 2 weeks :D :D

nuccia :D
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

little-miss wrote:Hey all! 8)

Can anyone help me out so I can get myself a copy of it :wink:
Not sure but it should be available on cd at any Italian record store...

Where abouts do you live? If you have trouble finding it I can search here for you. I'm sure its available. If not, I'll see if I can tape it for you. You can reply to me if you're interested through Private Message and we can exchange personal info..

nuccia :D