TALK

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
JenR
Rookie
Rookie

Re: TALK

Post by JenR »

Hey Emmy,

This is what I found.

Il mio nonno, Di filippis Giovanni Battista è stato sopportato il il 11 giugno 1853 in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido (numero 86 sull'indice di atto di nascita) ed era baptised il 12 giugno nella parrocchia del San Biagio. Nome del suo padre era Di filippis Domenico e nome della sua madre era Fionda Maria Giuseppa.

I got it on http://www.syvum.com/translation/ if you scroll down it shows a little box then change to like english to french the write what you want and press translate.

JenR
JenR
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JenR »

Altogether it would be....

Caro Sir/Madam,

Grazie per il vostro email ricevuto il 1 settembre. Proverò a fax una copia dell'atto di nascita della mia nonna. Il Francesca Bastianiello sopportato in S.Elia Fiumerapido il il 2 dicembre 1889 non è la mia nonna di grandmother.My è stato sopportato in S'Elia Fiumerapido il il 17 febbraio 1861 ed era baptised nella parrocchia del San Biagio, la sua madre era Pasqua Bastianiello, là era nome di nessun padre sull'atto di nascita.
Il mio nonno, Di filippis Giovanni Battista è stato sopportato il il 11 giugno 1853 in Sant'Elia Fiumerapido (numero 86 sull'indice di atto di nascita) ed era baptised il 12 giugno nella parrocchia del San Biagio. Nome del suo padre era Di filippis Domenico e nome della sua madre era Fionda Maria Giuseppa.

This in english is...

Sir/Madam beloved, Thanks for your received email the 1 september. I will try to fax one copy of the birth certificate of my grandmother. The Francesca Bastianiello sopportato in S.Elia Fiumerapido 2 December 1889 is not my grandmother of grandmother.My has been sopportato in S' Elia Fiumerapido 17 February 1861 and was baptised in the parish of Saint Biagio, its mother was Passover Bastianiello, was name of no father here on the action of nascita.Il my grandfather, Of filippis Giovanni the 11 Batiste 1853 in Sant' Elia Fiumerapido (number 86 has been sopportato june on the index of birth certificate) and was baptised the 12 june in the parish of Saint Biagio. Name of its father was Of filippis Domenico and name of its mother was Sling Giuseppa Maria.

Some doesn't make sence but...

JenR
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Which translation did you think was the better one?
Its ok Jen It can be 'doctered' here and there to sort it out. I'll post my version tomorow :) :)
Love and Hugs xx

Emmy
JenR
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JenR »

Ok..... Are you going to bed :?: :?:

JenR
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

When you posted yesterday Jen, yes I was going to bed it was about 11pm and I had to get up early this morning-- I needed to get my 'beauty' sleep. My daughter was visiting today and she helped me harvest all the plums and a lot of the apples from my trees in the garden. So today I've been making plum jam and cleaning and freezing a lot of the apples and have been giving apples and plums to my neighbours too.
2nd translation - used: Free translation and Professional Translation Services from SDL
www.freetranslation.com

Mio nonno era nato 11 il 1853 giugno in Sant’Elia Fiumerapido (numera 86 sull'indice di atto di nascita) ed è stato battezzato sul giugno 12 nella parrocchia di San Biagio Sant’Elia Fiumerapido. Il suo nome del padre era Domenico Di filippis di Di ed il suo nome della madre era Fionda Maria Giuseppa.

Jen, what I'm going to try now is, using what we have found, write the letter in Italian, as I would be posting it and try various sites at translating the Italian into English and find out which one gives the nearest translation to the original letter in English, that way if a note is kept of the best translation then it would available for other translations and save time translating other documents in the future

Love
Emmy
JenR
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JenR »

hey Emmy,

I agree with you. I wish I can have some of those apples! I love green apples! I used that website befor its a good website. I used it for something I did in french! :D

Hugs
JenR
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Jen
Sorry I cant send you the actual apples but here's the next best thing:- have just taken these photographs 5minutes ago especially for you. Its 8.45pm here so the photograph of the actual tree seems a bit dark.

Take your pick:- Apple jelly, blackcurrant jam, strawberry jam or plum jam :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or maybe you would prefer the plums like this? :lol: :lol:

Or maybe an apple picked today. (my digital camera is not showing the colours very well, need to get it fixed)

Enjoy
Hugs xx
Emmy
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi JenR
I must own up :oops: :oops: I've cheated a bit.

The reason being when I tried to translate the Italian versions back to English it just didnt make any sense, but maybe we didnt need to do that.

What we really needed was an Italian who knew no English to read our translation to find out if he/she understood what it said.

Here is the translation that a very kind friend gave me -

Egregrio Signore/a
Vorrei ringraziarla per vostra posta eletronica ricevuto il 1° Settembre. Proverò a mandarvi un facsimile dell’atto di nascita della mia Nonna. La Francesca Bastianiello nata in S.Elia Fiumerapido il 2 Dicembre 1889 non e la mia Nonna.
La mia Nonna fu nata in S.Elia Fiumerapido il 17 Febbraio 1861 (numero 18 sul’indice di atti di nascita) e fu battezzata nella parocchia di San Biagio, sua madre fu Pasqua Bastianiello, non c’era nome del padre sul’atto di nascita.
Il mio Nonno fu nata 11 di Giugno 1853 in S.Elia Fiumerapido (numero 86 sul’indice di atti di nascita) e fu battezzato il 12 Giugno nella parocchia di San Biagio Sant’Elia Fiumerapido. Il suo padre si chiamava Di Filippis Domenico e sua madre si chiamava Fionda Maria Giuseppa.
Distinti saluti

Do you think any of our efforts came anything near to this??
(I'm now trying to read this out loud in Italian and I'm getting better at the pronuciation-I think!! You have a go Jen see what Mum thinks)

Hugs xx
Emmy
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

HI emmy,

Jen should be home from school soon (first day of the year today :D :D ) and I'm sure I'll get lots of questions.

You can really see the difference between an electronic translated document and persons version!

I noticed that Francescas father is ignato (unknown). Could it be that the parents of Francesca were married civilly and not in a church? My grandparents were because my grandmothers first husband died at war so she didn't remarry in a church..for her it was a matter of the first husbands pension and therefore my fathers mother is listed as unknown on his birth certificate.

Its just a thought...

nuccia
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Nuccia
Thanks for the reply its interesting how things were done, makes it hard work tracing people though :)

Hope Jen got on ok at school I'm sure she'll do really well with her studies, she's a gem to be proud of

My grandson started school for the first time last week and I was asking him how he liked school and the name of his teacher, His reply was,'Granny, my teacher is just BEAUTIFUL' so I replied,'Just like your Granny? The answer put me in my place:- 'On NO, she's tall and she's BEAUTIFUL.' He's not 5 years old yet and in love with his teacher!

God Bless
Emmy
JenR
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JenR »

Hey Emmy,

Sorry I haven't posted in so long....

I want the strwberry Jam please :D :D :D

JenR
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

emmy,

As you can see, Jen is still around...she woke up feeling sick yesterday and this morning has a full blown cold. :evil:

First week of school and already the fun begins!

Thats cute about your grandson. Very common for them to have a crush on their teachers...buts it so cute the things that come out of their mouths at that age. I'm sure you'll hear more "interesting" comments over the next year.

Hugs
nuccia
Emmy
Master
Master

Post by Emmy »

Hi Jen
Just hope your cold is a bit better.
I hope you are enjoying being back at school again.
Anything interesting happening at school?
Do you get 'projects' to do?

About the 'jam' I'll make some 'virtual' jam for you tonight with these strawberries I have just 'picked' from the internet. :wink: :wink:

Nuccia
I just bet my grandson will come home with a few more choice statements before too long. :lol:

Love and hugs
xxxxx
god Bless
Emmy
JenR
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JenR »

Hi Emmy,

My cold is feeling alittle better. I dont have any projects but I do have french class. This is my virtual jam... Image

JenR
JenR
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JenR »

Hey Emmy is your jam ready??? :lol:

JenR