ITALIAN SURNAME

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JoannL
Rookie
Rookie

Re: ITALIAN SURNAME

Post by JoannL »

Maria!!

You are hilarious :lol:

Its people like you that keep this world going!!!

I am having such a good time doing this...I think I am addicted :!:

And YOU are making it fun :!: :!: :!:

Well...I am almost 50 years old...so hopefully I will find them within the next 50 years...LOL. My computer will be an antique then...LOL.

These people better show up somewhere.
Ok I am staying cool.... 8)
HAHA!!

Ok...still searching!!

Bed time soon here!

But this weekend...I am busting my ... :?: :?: :?: to find them...!!

TAKE CARE!!

Joann
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

CarolynMary wrote:Hello, I am trying to locate my grandparents from Contessa Entellina,I am looking for information on Nicolo Lala and his wife Margaret.
incola and is wife had one son name Anthoney Lala (born at sea om 1975.
I can not locate Antoney on any ship list or his parents. From what I have been told Nicolo died with Anthoney was around five years old.
I would appreciate any information anyone would have in this search.
thanks you
Carolyn Mathews carriemathews@earthlink.net
It would be much easier if you started your own topic. This will get lost in the middle of this thread and we won't be able to help you as we might be able to.

nuccia :D
CarolynMary

Post by CarolynMary »

I am new at this, how do I start my own topic, could you guide me in the right direction. All I thought I had to do was to type in a message.
Thank you so much for your help nuccia.
Carolyn Mathews
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Oh no problem Carolyn..we all had to start somewhere! From this page you can click on the icon above the message post to your right which says..

Then in the subject line give you topic a title..ie: Looking for surname _________from___________.

And then you can post your request. Try to be as specific as you can be..

If you are loonking for Frank BONO
(just an example) then ask for Francesco Bono who changed his name from Bonoi born in Sicily on Feb 3, 1876 (again you may not know all this but I'm covering everything) and emmigrated to NY through ellis in the early 1900.

Wife's name was(provide maiden name if known)....born...(give approx year if know). Childrens names (if known) and the parents of Frank and wife if known.

The more "little details" you provide the more success we will have in helping you.

nuccia :D
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

JoannL wrote: Ok...still searching!!

Bed time soon here!

But this weekend...I am busting my ... :?: :?: :?: to find them...!!

TAKE CARE!!

Joann
I'm gonna keep busting mine too!

Did some searching... and stumbled on an interesting family... but this time... they're from a totally different place... plus they settled in Rhode Island at one point...

What makes this family interesting is that some of the names match the other Melones...

First Name: Concetta
Last Name: Melone
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Pontenwo
Date of Arrival: Dec 03, 1898
Age at Arrival: 4Y Gender: F Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Alesia
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0004

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 3250020004

Travels with Rosa D'Orio (mother)
Dorotea Milone
Angela
Concetta

Off to Rhode Island.... to join father Giovanni?? GNNI ??

From Pontecorvo, italy

01. D'Orio, Rosa F 17Y (wrong.. should be 37 yrs) M Italian Pontenwo (Pontecorvo)
02. Melone, Dorotea F 14y S Italian Pontenwo
03. Melone, Angela F 11y S Italian Pontenwo
04. Melone, Concetta F 4Y S Italian Pontenwo

=========================\\

First Name: Giovanni
Last Name: Melone
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Pontecorvo, Italy
Date of Arrival: Nov 01, 1895
Age at Arrival: 32y Gender: M Marital Status:
Ship of Travel: Scotia
Port of Departure: Naples
Manifest Line Number: 0067

Hit the manifest "next" button twice to see this manifest...

http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 3040060067&

======================================

1910 United States Federal Census Record
about Mary E Milone
Name: Mary E Milone
Age in 1910: 15
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1895
BirthPlace: Rhode Island
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Father's Name: Joseph
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Name: Rosie
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Home in 1910: Bristol, Bristol, Rhode Island
Marital Status: Single
Race: White
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Joseph Milone 43
Rosie Milone 43
Julia Milone 21
Beatrice K Milone 19
Mary E Milone 15
Annie F Milone 10
Luny Milone 8
Henry Milone 6
Anthony Milone 5
Rose Milone 3
Joseph Milone 1

Name: Lucy Milone
[Lucy Melone]
Home in 1920: Killingly, Windham, Connecticut
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1902
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Father's name: Joseph
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's name: Rosie
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital status: Single
Sex: Female
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Image: 120
Household Members:
Name Age
Joseph Milone 52
Rosie Milone 52
Lucy Milone 18
Henry Milone 16
Antonio Milone 15
Rose Milone 13
Joseph Milone 11
Fred Espinosa 26
Emily Espinosa 24
Mary G Espinosa 4
Michel S Espinosa 2
Laura Espinosa 7/12
Albert Lucibello 27
Beatrice Lucibello 28
Frank Lucibello 3
Joseph Lucebella 1

1930 United States Federal Census Record
about Henry Milone
Name: Henry Milone
Home in 1930: Danielson, Windham, Connecticut
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1904
Relation to Head of House: Head
Father's Name: Tibles
Spouses's Name: Emily

Education:

Military Service:

Rent Home Value:

Age at First Marriage:

Parents' Birthplace:

View Image
Household Members:
Name Age
Henry Milone 26
Emily Milone 25
Barton Milone 6
Marion Milone 5
Rosa Milone 2
Tibles Emery 90

Maria....

P.S. these may not be your direct ancestors... but they sure are interesting....
JoannL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JoannL »

Hi Carolyn...I just want to tell you...THIS IS THE BEST FORUM EVER!!!!!
EVERYONE here is so nice...and are MORE then willing to help!!

They have given my ideas on surnames.....passenger list...different spellings of surname....Census and other ancestors maybe related....THEY are GREAT!!
And believe it or not....I feel like I have made GREAT friends here...even tho I do NOT know them personally...they are considered FRIENDS!!!

It is so much fun looking up ancestors when you have these guys helping!!
I can't wait to check my email every day to see if I have new post.

Keep searching!! I am...and its fun and exciting!!

Good luck in your searches!!

Joann
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

It's about 3:30 am!!! (where I am...) and you just posted...

Should call it a day soon... love the Saturday mornings... no lunch to pack... no school bus to watch out for... no alarm clock to set....

Will check in later!

Maria
JoannL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JoannL »

LOL....Hey Maria....I just got back from daughters house around 1:30 am my time....went to babysit my new granddaughter...2 1/2 months old...my daughter had some church retreat out of town...and my son in law had to work until midnight.

So I have not done nothing until now!!!!

Was just reading your post...this is very interesting...I am sure they HAVE to be kin....toooooo many name alike....Joseph...Concetta...Rose.they are of some importance somewhere down the line....they just have to be...LOL.

I am definately going to sleep in tomorrow...BUT I will definately make those phone calls too....I have to get more info from these people ...they are the ONLY older ones living...I will start tomorrow making phone calls...hope they remember me...LOL..its been a year!!!

Ok...good night!! Tomorrow is a big day...another day of searching!!
JoannL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JoannL »

Hey everyone...Hope everyone had a great weekend. I was busy babysitting my granddaughter.

I did talk to a OLD Sangiorgi(o) 1st cousin to my dad...she didnt give me very much info...but what she did give me I wanted to share with everyone.

Her Name Is Laura..but her real name was also Concetta Sangiorgi.
Her father, Salvatore(Sam), who was my grandfather, Gaspare Sangiorgi's brother.

Salvatore Sangiorgi and his wife Laura Drago lived in Charleroi, Pennsylvannia and Laura(Concetta), her brother Tony (Anthony or Antonio) and her sister Anna was born in Charleroi.
Salvatore (Sam) Sangiorgi went to live with his mothers(Rosalia Scaccia) sister(Anna) and her husband Antonio Buffamonte...but I am not sure if it was in Alia or Charleroi...I think she said Alia...sorry..but she still has the Italian accent and it was hard to understand.

Alot of times Salvatore went by Salvatore Sangiorgie-Buffamonte(not sure of this spelling) I think she was spelling it by the way it sounds.

Also Gaspares other sister, Francesca married a Rengusso..not sure of spelling. And Franchesca had a son, Calogero also.

She also thinks that Salvatore lived in Charleroi with his wife's(Laura Drago) sister, Josephine Giabroni...but cant find them at all.
She did not remember Josephine's husbands first name.
She did say the kids of Josephine Drago Giabroni were: Tony ..could be Antonio and Concetta.

She also said that Salvatore went back and forth to Alia alot...and also that he was in WWI...but does not know if it was under Sangiorgi..or the Buffamonti name.

One good thing she did say was that her brother Tony Sangiorgi (my dads cousin) and his wife married in Lake Charles, Louisiana...so that is where I am..hopefully I can get to clerk of court and look that up..maybe will give me some type of info.

Also...I found out my grandfather, Gaspare Sangiorgi was married before in 1951 and inLake Charles ...so...I should be able to look that up at the clerk of court here.

I still have one more person to call...it is on the Malone side...hopefully I can get to that sometime this week after I get home from work.

Also...Rosalia and Anna Scaccia's mother was Concetta....LOL...all these dang names are the same...drives me craaazzzzyyyyy!!!!! LOL

Well that is all I know for now...hopefully will find something out soon, and will keep everyone posted.

Everyone take care!!!!
Have a HAPPY WEEK!!

Joann
saleone

Post by saleone »

Savine Malone Leone was my Great Grandmother at the time of her death she lived in St. Louis (Bellefountain Neighbors), on Kilgore Street. If you have any questions or need anything if I can help I will find me on Facebook( http://www.facebook.com/severleone ) I have pics of her there.
JoannL wrote:OK...something else I just found in my notes...on bits and pieces of paper.

1920 Census notes that I have...Joe malone lavorer on the railroad....Luke Malone a clerk at the Cartridge Company.

Joe Malone immagrated in 1902...Alien in 1930...Laborer at Steel Mill...Laclede Steel in Alton .

Vincent Malone living in household of Frank Romano, with wife Grace and there son joseph. Vincent bricklayer for glass company and was 22 years old.

Vincent ..born 1907??>..that is a guess on my part....Grace 1910 in Chicago...Vincent and Charlie are the same ...Vincent born in Louisiana...not sure where..
Vincent and Grace married in Alton...approx 1927/June.

Savine/Sabine Malone born in Italy...which was said on Forum..and I also had that on piece of paper...BUT..I have...moved from Italy to LOUISIANA.....but WHERE????
Savine died at 91 years old.
Also...says 1902 to present...Alton ILL.

Mary Malone and Jasper St. George married in ALTON...but I cant find anything from churches.
Marys sister Frances...married to a SAM somebody..he was in Mafia...she got scared and left him and ran away...to NEW YORK...and married someone else..have to go back and see who she was married to when Joe died.

On one of the death cert...I think Joe's ..it says Florence Blake of Edwardsville, IL as the informant.

Ok...off to work now!!

Something to think about!

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD DAY!!
WILL COME BACK TONIGHT WITH MORE INFO!!
THANKS EVERYONE!!

JOANN
Kimberly08976

Post by Kimberly08976 »

Hello, would just like to post to mfjp. You have family members of the Milone and Espinosa family. They are my ancestors also. I am from the United States and I am from the town right over from them. I live in Brooklyn Connecticut, they lived in Killingly. I am only a town over. Only a few miles. I know where some of them are buried. I don't know about the last time you were on here, but I would like to get into contact with you. Also anyone else from the Espinosa or Milone family. Please get back to me if you see this!!!!