Looking for new immgrant family to Toronto

General Non-Genealogy Discussions.
Ask questions, chat and talk about anything.
Areyounew

Looking for new immgrant family to Toronto

Post by Areyounew »

I am looking for a new immigrant family who has recently (within the past 8 years) immigrated to Toronto. The reason for this search is a university diversity assignment. Participants will remain annoymous to the public and will participate in a few interviews and observation periods. I am an Early Childhood Educator and will be interviewing families in regards to the trial and tribulations they may have endured throughout the canadian immigration process. I will also be looking for parents who are willing to share childrearing practices, both cultural and personal with me. If you are interested please msg me.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Looking for new immgrant family to Toronto

Post by wldspirit »

No need for multiple postings......each and every post scrolls under the last ten postings..........so we get the first post......but out of curiosity, wouldn't you try to interview those in the community where you attend school?
wldspirit
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Areyounew wrote:I am looking for a new immigrant family who has recently (within the past 8 years) immigrated to Toronto. The reason for this search is a university diversity assignment. Participants will remain annoymous to the public and will participate in a few interviews and observation periods. I am an Early Childhood Educator and will be interviewing families in regards to the trial and tribulations they may have endured throughout the canadian immigration process. I will also be looking for parents who are willing to share childrearing practices, both cultural and personal with me. If you are interested please msg me.
Which university in Toronto are you attending? As you should know, there are several new families moving to Toronto monthly so my suggestion to you is to contact the schools in the area. Many have child care centres and parenting centres. The people running these centres should be able to help you. I remember participating in several workshops through the parenting centres when my children were small.

If you provide me so more info I can contact one of the administraters at the Board of Ed downtown who happens to be a good friend and see if she can help you...but first I need to make sure this is legit. Hope you understand. We are talking about children after all.

nuccia
Areyounew

Post by Areyounew »

Thanks very much for your reply, I am a third year student at Ryerson University and a Early Childhood Educator, I was hoping that by making postings here i'd be able to find a family who would be more willing to share their experience with me. Having been in a few daycares and elementary schools i have noticed that discussing Immigration is often a "touchy" subject. If you would be able to get in touch with your friend that would be great, and i will also try going to my local elementary school, to be honest i never even thought of trying that.

Thanks again!
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Glad you might be able to use one of my suggestions!

Now I'm not sure but I believe the address I have for my friend would be 155 Bloor St..She heads the Parenting Centres in Toronto. Contact me off board and I will give you her name and you could call and ask her opinion. I haven't seen her in a while and I no longer have her home number. But they should be able to help at the Board of Ed.

By the way, Ryerson is a great school! Good For You!

nuccia
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database