Request for information

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
TexItalian

Request for information

Post by TexItalian »

I am going to Alia in November of 2006 to research family information. My grandfather was Carlo Vincenzo Digiglio born 26/6/1886 in Alia. He married Rosalia Basilissa Marchiafava born 14/4/1890 in Alia. They were married 3/3/1905. Rosalia was the daughter of Rosolino Mardhiafava who was born 20/8/1859 in Alia and Anna Scaccia who was born 19/3/1862 in Alia. Anna Scaccia was the daughter of Francesco Michiele Scaccia and Rosalia Maria L'Andolina. I need any information anyone might have for the people listed above or other members of their families. Thanks
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Request for information

Post by wldspirit »

You've got the basics for requesting info at the Comune level.....what else in particular do you seek?
wldspirit
TexItalian

Post by TexItalian »

I would like to know where to go in Alia to research the records and to get copies. I would also like to have a contact in Alia that can assist me with the research while in Alia. I will also be going to Corleone where I have family to continue my research on the Scoma, Rauso, Liggio, Salerno and Marullo side of my family. Thanks for responding to my inquire
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi TexItalian,

The city hall " Officio di State Civile" will have the vital records (birth, marriage & birth acts). The church will have sacramental records.

Here is the official site for the town of Alia...gives the address for the city hall & other information.

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/082/001/index.html

Here is the site for Corleone.

http://en.comuni-italiani.it/082/034/index.html

You may want to see if you can connect with a relative....this is the Italian white pages.

http://www.paginebianche.it/index.html

1st space = surname
3rd space = town
click on "cerca

or the city hall maybe able to put you in contact with someone or check the web for a professional genealogist in the province of Palermo.

You can also obtain the vital records & church records for both towns through your nearest LDS Church-Family History Center. I can provide you with this information, if you wnat to obtain additional family information before you go....Let me know.

Hope this helps.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
TexItalian

Post by TexItalian »

Dear jcsm, thank you for the information. Do you know if there is a LDS Church-Family History Center in Texas? I will contact the records offices in Alia and Corleone via email and telephone this week to see if I can send them information I currently have and what I will be looking for in a few weeks while at their facilities.

cs
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

To locate a library near you:

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp

wldspirit
sazzlynn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sazzlynn »

TexItalian wrote:I am going to Alia in November of 2006 to research family information. My grandfather was Carlo Vincenzo Digiglio born 26/6/1886 in Alia. He married Rosalia Basilissa Marchiafava born 14/4/1890 in Alia. They were married 3/3/1905. Rosalia was the daughter of Rosolino Mardhiafava who was born 20/8/1859 in Alia and Anna Scaccia who was born 19/3/1862 in Alia. Anna Scaccia was the daughter of Francesco Michiele Scaccia and Rosalia Maria L'Andolina. I need any information anyone might have for the people listed above or other members of their families. Thanks
Hello,
Our g-grandmother is Phillipa Marchiafava, your Rosalia's oldest sister. I've been researching this family and the microfilm for Alia available at the FHC is terrific. We knew Rosalia's family had moved to Texas but had not followed them further. I would like to corespond to share information.
Lucky you going to Alia. I would love to hear about your trip. De
TexItalian

Post by TexItalian »

Hi De - thanks for the reply - I would love to contact you. If you will email me at cscoma@juno.com - I will call you.
TexItalian
marchias

Post by marchias »

TexItalian wrote:I am going to Alia in November of 2006 to research family information. My grandfather was Carlo Vincenzo Digiglio born 26/6/1886 in Alia. He married Rosalia Basilissa Marchiafava born 14/4/1890 in Alia. They were married 3/3/1905. Rosalia was the daughter of Rosolino Mardhiafava who was born 20/8/1859 in Alia and Anna Scaccia who was born 19/3/1862 in Alia. Anna Scaccia was the daughter of Francesco Michiele Scaccia and Rosalia Maria L'Andolina. I need any information anyone might have for the people listed above or other members of their families. Thanks
Then we are very much related. My 4th great grandfather was Rosolino Marchiafava (1859-1953) married to Anna Scaccia (1862-1943). I currently show that they had 9 children (Frank, Joseph,Lily,Lucy,Mary,Philip,Salvatore,Seuymour,Santo). I don't have Rosalia though. Everything else matches even Anna Scaccia parents Francesco and Rosalia Maria L'Andolina. This post is over 4 years old and I'm just starting my geneology research but I would love to hear what you found on your trip.
tnt1083!

Post by tnt1083! »

I am also searching for information on my grandparents and it appears we are looking for the same folks. My grandparents were Carlo Vincenzo Digiglio and Rosalia Marchiafava.