Searching for a town

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Gram
Rookie
Rookie

Searching for a town

Post by Gram »

I have two spellings...Elsi and Ilsi. Could be associated with Riccia, Campobassa. First two spellings were on Declaration of Intent Papers. Riccia was on Ellis Island site. Both were listed as city of origin for the same person. :?
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There is just the town of Riccia postal code 86016/ No other attachment for Riccia in province of Campobasso. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

official website Riccia's Common

Post by suanj »

Hi: website Riccia'S Common
http://www.comunediriccia.it/
Regards,
suanj
Gram
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gram »

Thank you both for your responses. Should I assume that Elsi/Ilsi is to small of a town or hamlet to be listed?
Claudia
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Gram wrote:Thank you both for your responses. Should I assume that Elsi/Ilsi is to small of a town or hamlet to be listed?
Claudia
Yes, little town reported to other Towns. Is a village.. Who tries to Riccia? I dress in the CAMPOBASSO's zone.
Regards, suanj
Gram
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gram »

On her US Declaration of Intention papers Carolina Polseni Lonetto states she was born in Elsi, Italy on March 25, 1884.
On Ellis Island passenger record Carolina Polseni arrived on November 04, 1905. Place of residence Riccia.
Claudia
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Gram wrote:On her US Declaration of Intention papers Carolina Polseni Lonetto states she was born in Elsi, Italy on March 25, 1884.
On Ellis Island passenger record Carolina Polseni arrived on November 04, 1905. Place of residence Riccia.
Claudia
Hi Claudia: I have understood , is been born to JELSI(exact spelling), that it is a village close to RICCIA. I will try something for you. Ciao Raffaella
Gram
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gram »

Raffaella...thank you so much for your interest and help in locating the town of Jelsi. :D
Claudia
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Gram wrote:Raffaella...thank you so much for your interest and help in locating the town of Jelsi. :D
Claudia
Hi Claudia: I have tried for you. Polseni does not exist like last name in Italy. Exists Polsoni and Polsini, but in Molise currently nobody. Lonetto is an existing last name, but not in Molise. I have tried on the telephon directory of Jelsi and Riccia, but I have not found null. I have tried between Molise's ancients document , but not there is trace of these last names. Task is convenient to send one mail to the Common ones of Jelsi and Riccia. I can prepare the text to you in Italian if you desires this.
Regards Raffaella :P
Gram
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Gram »

Raffaella...Thank you for the effort to find the surname Polseni. In my research I have found more incorrect spelling then correct spelling of names. Carolina is the only Polseni arrival on the Ellis Island website. It could have beeen a mistake in spelling on her departure papers. She was destined to her step-brother, Guiseppe Fanelli.
She was not married when she emigrated. She married Pietro Lonetto in 1906 or 1907 in New York. Pietro Lonetto emigrated from Mesoraca, Catanzaro (Crotone), Calabria in 1903. I know there are Lonettos in Mesoraca today.
Carolina became a widow at age 38. At that time she had seven children, ages 12 years to two months old. She did not marry again. She is my husband's great-aunt. She died in 1970 at age 85. I would like to honor this women by finding her remarkable story.
I am going to check with the Mormons (Church of the Latter Day Saints) research center to see if they have micro-filmed the civil records Jelsi or Riccia. Thanks again for your interest. :D Claudia
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Gram wrote:Raffaella...Thank you for the effort to find the surname Polseni. In my research I have found more incorrect spelling then correct spelling of names. Carolina is the only Polseni arrival on the Ellis Island website. It could have beeen a mistake in spelling on her departure papers. She was destined to her step-brother, Guiseppe Fanelli.
She was not married when she emigrated. She married Pietro Lonetto in 1906 or 1907 in New York. Pietro Lonetto emigrated from Mesoraca, Catanzaro (Crotone), Calabria in 1903. I know there are Lonettos in Mesoraca today.
Carolina became a widow at age 38. At that time she had seven children, ages 12 years to two months old. She did not marry again. She is my husband's great-aunt. She died in 1970 at age 85. I would like to honor this women by finding her remarkable story.
I am going to check with the Mormons (Church of the Latter Day Saints) research center to see if they have micro-filmed the civil records Jelsi or Riccia. Thanks again for your interest. :D Claudia
Hi Claudia: I have written to you private message
:P