Help with translation into Italian (I received a letter!!)

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
JSaccaro
Rookie
Rookie

Help with translation into Italian (I received a letter!!)

Post by JSaccaro »

Hi -

Hope someone can help with the translation of these letters. Both are the same but I needed to change the dates and names since I will be sending them to two families. I know it's a lot but I would really appreciate the help.

My name is Julie Saccaro, and I am an Italian-American. Presently I am researching my family history. I believe my great-great grandmother was from your town. I am looking for any information that may help me in my research. Perhaps you, too, were related to her. Unfortunately, I do not know much about this person. I only know her name and limited information.

My great-great-grandmother’s name was Catherine /Caterina Provenzano. Her father’s name was Giuseppe Provenzano and I do not know who her mother was. I believe she was born around 1866 and raised in Corleone. She married Salvatore Saccaro. She immigrated to the United States and arrived in New Orleans in 1897. She and her husband, along with their children, lived in New Orleans, LA, USA, until her death, March 12th, 1939. Her son, my great grandfather, Giuseppe Saccaro was also born in Italy, April 3, 1892. I believe Caterina and Salvatore’s other children may have been Angelo, Francesca, and Antonio. Francesca may have been born in 1884, Angelo may have been born in 1895 and Anthony was born in or about 1905.

If you were related to this woman through your own family, then I would appreciate any information about her, our shared family, or any relations still living today. I am especially interested in learning more. Please, feel free to reach me at my mailing address or email address listed below. Under my address I have listed the other people to which this letter was sent. Please pass along this information to other relatives that may not be listed below but whom you feel may be interested in helping me.

I apologize if this letter has reached you in error if we are not of the same family, but wish you and your family well!

Thank you,

My name is Julie Saccaro, and I am an Italian-American. Presently I am researching my family history. I believe my great-great grandfather was from your town. I am looking for any information that may help me in my research. Perhaps you, too, were related to him Unfortunately, I do not know much about this person. I only know his name and limited information.

My great-great-grandfather’s name was Salvatore Saccaro. His father’s name was Giuseppe Saccaro and his mother was Frances /Francesca Cotrano. I believe he was born around 1851. He married Catherine/Caterina Provenzano. He immigrated to the United States and I believe he arrived in New York along with one of his children, Giuseppe. He and his wife, along with their children, lived in New Orleans, LA, USA, until his death, September 10th, 1933. His son, my great grandfather, Giuseppe Saccaro was also born in Italy, April 3, 1892. I believe Salvatore and Caterina’s other children may have been Angelo, Francesca, and Antonio. Francesca may have been born in 1884, Angelo may have been born in 1895 and Anthony was born in or about 1905.

If you were related to this man through your own family, then I would appreciate any information about him, our shared family, or any relations still living today. I am especially interested in learning more. Please, feel free to reach me at my mailing address or email address listed below. Under my address I have listed the other people to which this letter was sent. Please pass along this information to other relatives that may not be listed below but whom you feel may be interested in helping me.

In hopes that it will help some, I hi-lighted the different areas in red on the second letter that way the entire letter doesn't have to be translated.

Marianne,

Thank you for allowing me the use of your letter as a template.

Again, I know it's really long but I appreciate the help from all of you.

Julie
ldm

Re: Help with translation into Italian

Post by ldm »

Are you still waiting the translation?
Im Laura and i'm italian so i can help you if you need
JSaccaro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JSaccaro »

Hi Laura,

I am still waiting. But I figured it may be awhile before someone translates. I'm sure a lot of people are still having a great time since Italy won last night. :D :D :D

If you can translate I would really appreciate it.

Julie
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

JSaccaro wrote:Hi -

Hope someone can help with the translation of these letters. Both are the same but I needed to change the dates and names since I will be sending them to two families. I know it's a lot but I would really appreciate the help.

My name is Julie Saccaro, and I am an Italian-American. Presently I am researching my family history. I believe my great-great grandmother was from your town. I am looking for any information that may help me in my research. Perhaps you, too, were related to her. Unfortunately, I do not know much about this person. I only know her name and limited information.

My great-great-grandmother’s name was Catherine /Caterina Provenzano. Her father’s name was Giuseppe Provenzano and I do not know who her mother was. I believe she was born around 1866 and raised in Corleone. She married Salvatore Saccaro. She immigrated to the United States and arrived in New Orleans in 1897. She and her husband, along with their children, lived in New Orleans, LA, USA, until her death, March 12th, 1939. Her son, my great grandfather, Giuseppe Saccaro was also born in Italy, April 3, 1892. I believe Caterina and Salvatore’s other children may have been Angelo, Francesca, and Antonio. Francesca may have been born in 1884, Angelo may have been born in 1895 and Anthony was born in or about 1905.

If you were related to this woman through your own family, then I would appreciate any information about her, our shared family, or any relations still living today. I am especially interested in learning more. Please, feel free to reach me at my mailing address or email address listed below. Under my address I have listed the other people to which this letter was sent. Please pass along this information to other relatives that may not be listed below but whom you feel may be interested in helping me.

I apologize if this letter has reached you in error if we are not of the same family, but wish you and your family well!

Thank you,

My name is Julie Saccaro, and I am an Italian-American. Presently I am researching my family history. I believe my great-great grandfather was from your town. I am looking for any information that may help me in my research. Perhaps you, too, were related to him Unfortunately, I do not know much about this person. I only know his name and limited information.

My great-great-grandfather’s name was Salvatore Saccaro. His father’s name was Giuseppe Saccaro and his mother was Frances /Francesca Cotrano. I believe he was born around 1851. He married Catherine/Caterina Provenzano. He immigrated to the United States and I believe he arrived in New York along with one of his children, Giuseppe. He and his wife, along with their children, lived in New Orleans, LA, USA, until his death, September 10th, 1933. His son, my great grandfather, Giuseppe Saccaro was also born in Italy, April 3, 1892. I believe Salvatore and Caterina’s other children may have been Angelo, Francesca, and Antonio. Francesca may have been born in 1884, Angelo may have been born in 1895 and Anthony was born in or about 1905.

If you were related to this man through your own family, then I would appreciate any information about him, our shared family, or any relations still living today. I am especially interested in learning more. Please, feel free to reach me at my mailing address or email address listed below. Under my address I have listed the other people to which this letter was sent. Please pass along this information to other relatives that may not be listed below but whom you feel may be interested in helping me.

In hopes that it will help some, I hi-lighted the different areas in red on the second letter that way the entire letter doesn't have to be translated.

Marianne,

Thank you for allowing me the use of your letter as a template.

Again, I know it's really long but I appreciate the help from all of you.

Julie
[hr]
red version with some correction for better to understand:

Mi chiamo Julie Saccaro e sono italo-americana.
Sto scrivendo per cercare la mia storia di famiglia e tutte le informazioni che possono aiutarmi a ricostruirla.
Credo che il mio trisnonno provenisse dalla vostra città.

Lui si chiamava Salvatore Saccaro nato verso il 1851, figlio di Giuseppe Saccaro e Francesca Cotrano.
Salvatore Saccaro sposò Caterina Provenzano e con i figli emigrarono negli USA.
Probabilmente prima Salvatore con il figlio Giuseppe e poi la moglie Caterina e gli altri figli e anche un altro bambino di nome Giuseppe Firmaturo ( o cognome simile) nato verso il 1891 e di cui non so altro.

Vissero a New Orleans, in Louisiana, USA; Salvatore morì il 10 settembre 1933.
Suo figlio (e mio bisnonno) era Giuseppe Saccaro nato in Italia, probabilmente nella vostra città il 3 aprile 1892.
Aveva probabilmente questi fratelli e sorelle: Angelo, Francesca ed Antonio.
Francesca nata verso il 1884, Angelo verso il 1895(anche nati in Italia) ed Anthony (Antonio) nato negli USA verso il1905.

Qualora riteniate che ci siano dei collegamenti di parentela, sarei felice di una vostra risposta.

Per favore, rispondetemi al mio indirizzo o tramite al mio email come sotto descritti.
Ho anche elencato altra gente a cui questa lettera verrà inviata.
Prego di far leggere questa lettera a chiunque voi riteniate che possa essere collegato con la mia famiglia di origine, ve ne sarò grata profondamente.
In attesa di una vostra risposta, vogliate gradire i miei più distinti saluti,
...........name
............address
............email
...........other names of letter sending
[hr]
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
JSaccaro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JSaccaro »

Suanj,

Thank you so much. I especially appreciate the part of Firmaturo that you put in the letter.

Grazie Suanj :D

Julie
JSaccaro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JSaccaro »

I received a response last week from one of my letters and I think I know about what she's saying but I'm not really sure. If anyone can translate for me, I'd appreciate it. I think she tells me her father passed away and she's tried to do some research but no luck?

Ciao Julie, sono Teresa Saccaro, ho ricevuto la tua lettera
all'indirizzo di mio padre che purtroppo pochi mesi fa è deceduto.
Il
cognome Saccaro è il cognome di mio Padre e non di mia Madre Francesca.
La tua lettera mi ha suscitato curiosita', perchè ricordo che mia Madre
intratteneva rapporti epistolari con parenti italo americani.
Ho
cercato di effettuare una piccola indagine genealogica, ma ancora non
sono riuscita a risalire bene alla situazione.
Vorrei, da te qualche
indizio in piu' ad esempio la tua età e il motivo per il quale tu ci
cerchi.
Comunque se tu sei interessata in Italia trasmettono diversi
programmi in Tv che si occupano di questi casi.
In attesa di una tua
pronta risposta, mi prodigherò per effettuare ulteriori approfondimenti
e l'occasione mi è gradita per porgerti i mie più cordiali saluti.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Help with translation into Italian (I received a letter!

Post by suanj »

Hi julie, and hi all! finally Iam back, after house moving! 8O
ehehe, but all well for God grace! :lol:
in this days I will reply also your last email, but for now this is the translation:

Ciao Julie, sono Teresa Saccaro, ho ricevuto la tua lettera
all'indirizzo di mio padre che purtroppo pochi mesi fa è deceduto.
Hi Julie, I'm Teresa Saccaro, I receveid your letter in my father address that it is decesead some months ago..

Il
cognome Saccaro è il cognome di mio Padre e non di mia Madre Francesca.
The Saccaro surname is the surname of my father and no of my mother Francesca.

La tua lettera mi ha suscitato curiosita', perchè ricordo che mia Madre
intratteneva rapporti epistolari con parenti italo americani.
Your letter has provoked curiosity to me, because I remember that my mother had contacts by mail with italian- american relatives.

Ho
cercato di effettuare una piccola indagine genealogica, ma ancora non
sono riuscita a risalire bene alla situazione.

I made a little genealogic search, but I cannot to go back well to situation( genealogic tree).

Vorrei, da te qualche
indizio in piu' ad esempio la tua età e il motivo per il quale tu ci
cerchi.
I wish from you some other more trace, as for exemple your age and the cause that you search us.

Comunque se tu sei interessata in Italia trasmettono diversi
programmi in Tv che si occupano di questi casi.
however if you are interested ..In Italy are many TVshow that they treat this cases..

In attesa di una tua
pronta risposta, mi prodigherò per effettuare ulteriori approfondimenti
e l'occasione mi è gradita per porgerti i mie più cordiali saluti.

Waiting your soon reply, I to work more for to have further deepening and this occasion is for me very pleasant for to give you my best regards.

[hr]
kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
JSaccaro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JSaccaro »

Thank you Suanj for your reply and your email! :D

Julie
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Welcome back Suanj........missed you!!!!!!

I was starting to worry about you....but Riccardo said all was well.

I bet you are happy to be done with the moving..... :D

Hugs,
Lee
jmc380

Post by jmc380 »

Hi there, I came across your post here when I was searching by Cotrano. I am also a Cotrano, I was curious if there was any relation....

My grandmother was from Barres (not sure on the spelling) and my grandfather came from Sicily.

Anyway, like I said, I wasn't sure if there was any relation, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.