Ficagna

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
fabs

Ficagna

Post by fabs »

I am researching the surname Ficagna
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

When you say you are researching the surname Ficagna do you mean you want to know the word origin of the name or do you want to locate family having that surname or both?? There are presently 14 persons in all of northern Italy, (Toscana, Piemonte, Lombarfdia and 7 in Veneto region which most likely is the geographical source of the surname). There is no Ficagna in the Italian Surname dictionary indicating that it is local in origin probably from one specific area. The name may relate to figs or a type of fig. Please let me know if you need additional assistance. Peter
fabs

Ficagna

Post by fabs »

[I want to find both the origin of the family name and family members
quote/fabs
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you read what I werote you would know that the oriogin of the surame Ficagna is related to figs and in Italy all records are in the town of origin of your ancestors. if you know the town then it is easy to locate family mmeber, if any and without that it is difficult. If you don;t know the town then consider writing one letter to all 14 persons in Italy and ask them if they are related to you. Send one letter to each with a self adressed envelope and a ddollar for stamps and preferably wirte the letter in Italian (see if there is an italian language teacxher at your high school or nearby college) or if that is not possible then write a simple letter with short sentences iun english since english is the second language taught in the school of Italy. Peter
LucianoMonteiro

Post by LucianoMonteiro »

Hello all

My name is Luciano Monteiro. I live in Brazil, an so does my wife, Angela. But her family is originally from Italy. Her surname is Ficagna. I understand that there are just a few people with this surname in Italy nowadays. I'd like to know by which means I could know who they are and what their e-mail addresses are. Is there any type of list I might consult? I need to contact them because Angela wants to request an Italian passport, and she needs to have the birth certificate of her great-grandfather, Antonio Ficagna, who emigrated to Brazil in the late XIX century, possibly from the Veneto region.

Thanks in advance

Luciano

ptimber wrote:If you read what I werote you would know that the oriogin of the surame Ficagna is related to figs and in Italy all records are in the town of origin of your ancestors. if you know the town then it is easy to locate family mmeber, if any and without that it is difficult. If you don;t know the town then consider writing one letter to all 14 persons in Italy and ask them if they are related to you. Send one letter to each with a self adressed envelope and a ddollar for stamps and preferably wirte the letter in Italian (see if there is an italian language teacxher at your high school or nearby college) or if that is not possible then write a simple letter with short sentences iun english since english is the second language taught in the school of Italy. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

RE: Surname Ficagna

Post by suanj »

Hi: I have found that many Ficagna e'migre's surname, of those years came from the Sicily region, Messina towns and province.. :wink: , suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Dear Luciano read what I wrote about writing to the people in Italy with the Ficagna surname. There are 11 Ficagna in the veneto region. go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Ficagna in the first line and Veneto int he third line and click CERCA for a listiung of the 11 people and write them a letter and ask them if they are related. Include a self addressed envelope and put in a dollar or euro for stamps. Stop looking for e-mail addresses. Peter NYC