Dual Citizenship elegibility for a great grandson feasible?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

call I 888-472-0171 at My Italian Family. Peter
JRaffa

Post by JRaffa »

MJA
I don't think that there is a generation problem with you claiming your Italian citizenship. It depends on the information that you have and the information that you will have to supply to the Italian Consulate General in New York. You will need to contact the Italian Consulate General in New York (Manhattan) and also I recommend that you visit their website and read up on what they are requiring at this time for citizenship.

You will have to have all the pertinent records )orignals with seals and appostiles from the governing offices in the state where your ancestors lived in the U.S.

for example:
birth certificates
marriage certificates
death certifcates

for all parties involved...
great grandparents
grandparents
parents and yourself.

proving that you are the decendant of the person or persons who were Italian citizens.

Where in Italy were they born? I can help with telling you where to write for copies of the birth records from the Comune in the town of their birth.

I obtained my dual citizenship two years ago and am so glad I did... I now live in Italy.

Best regards
Joe
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Thats very generous of you Mr.,Raffa Can I refer everybody to you who is seeking italian citizenship for assistance. I am assuming you are a voilunteer and are not charging anyone for this assistance. Please let me know. Please furnish your e-mail address. Peter
suneewon

Post by suneewon »

Hi Joe,

I would like to get dual italian citizenship from my grandparents and so does my son.

This is our problem: We are finding it very hard to find the birthdates of my grandparents.

Their death certificates arent even easy to get in NYC

We know the town they came from: Lappana, but do not even know if they were born there.

Any suggestions?

suneewon
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Try a private message toi Mr Joseph Raffa. Go to the left column and click private messages, Peter