Help Translating two Italian documents

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jjk_16_21
Rookie
Rookie

Help Translating two Italian documents

Post by jjk_16_21 »

I need help translating two documents......the first one is of my Great-Great Grandmother Anna Maria Secreti. I got these copies of a film from the LDS. It states Atti Di Nascita at the top which I believe means its a birth record, but at the left side, I think later on they noted when she got married to Tommaso Guarascio in 1901.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b85/j ... iLarge.jpg

The second document is of Tommaso Guarascio. It is suppose to be the birth act of him but it looks alot different. The white line between the two was that it was on different pages. Hope you can read them clear enough, it looks kinda hard. Thank you all!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b85/j ... rascio.jpg
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Help Translating two Italian documents

Post by suanj »

the year 1866 the day 16 of December month to hours 9.00 A.M., in the Town Hall, in my presence Francesco Barbiero Knight, Major and Civil records Officer, of san giovanni in Fiore Common, it is appeared SECRETI Giuseppe of age 47, farmer profession, domiciled in this common, that declare me that to hour 7.00 PM and minutes 30 of day 15 current month in the house of Contrada Monastero street, from GUZZO Filomena legitimate wife cohabitant with he, it is born a child of female gender, that it present me and that it give the first name of Anna Maria.
To above writing and to this act are present as withnesses TRICARICO Luigi of age 47 taylor and Francesco ... of age 38 taylor, both resident in this Common.
Read the present act, they have signed also in function of declaring because illeterate.

signatures..
--------------------
number act 25 SECRETI Anna Maria
the 24 February 1898(?) the Secreti Anna Maria married at Guarascio Tommaso in San Giovanni in Fiore.. it transcribed in the marriage registry in 14° part 1° the 18 of September 1901
The Chancellor of the court
--------------------

The Secreti Anna Maria as legitimate child of Secreti spouses Giuseppe and Guzzo Filomena Domenica for following marriage of the 20 October 1897 and transcribed in the marriage registry of San Giovanni in Fiore to number act 117

the civil record officer
signature
San Giovanni in Fiore-Cosenza 26 March 1902

--------------------
:?
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

The year 1879(?) the day 22 of january month, to hours 21.00 in office of San Giovanni in Fiore, Calabria province..... in my presence PIZZI Paolo Common's secretary of same common, delegated by major with act of.... in the house of own residence in this Common in Contrada Vallone street, wich they give the first name of... Tommaso(?) this declaration is made in the presence of Luigi Tricarico late Giovanni of age 44 and of Francesco A.. late Luigi of age 38 both resident in this Common.. Given the reading of present act to declaring and withnesses they have signed also in function of declaring, having said that it is illeterate..

signature
------
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

about Anna Maria are some discrepance of date... abt the marriage, but perhaps some other member can read better the images of documents.. suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

The year 1879(?) the day 22 of january month, to hours 21.00 in office of San Giovanni in Fiore, Calabria province..... in my presence PIZZI Paolo Common's secretary of same common, delegated by major with act of.... in the house of own residence in this Common in Contrada Vallone street, wich they give the first name of... Tommaso(?) this declaration is made in the presence of Luigi Tricarico late Giovanni of age 44 and of Francesco A.. late Luigi of age 38 both resident in this Common.. Given the reading of present act to declaring and withnesses they have signed also in function of declaring, having said that it is illeterate..
I think the date is 1874. If you look to the left of "il giorno" it looks like the word ends with q...ttro. I don't see nove there at all. But, just my opinion.

It is wonderful to see Suanj back. Without her help over the years, I know these acts would still look like scribble to me. :D

Debbie
VaDeb
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by VaDeb »

jjk_16_21

Just a hint. There is usually a button on the microfilm viewer that will reverse the image so it prints with black ink on a white background. Usually it is easier to read copies this way.

Debbie
Esperanza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Esperanza »

Anna's birth record,

I see milleottocentosettanta sei addi sedici

1876, 16 of December

----------------------------

the second document posted says...

L'anno mille'ottocentosettantaquatro il giorno ven-
tidue (ventidue) di mesi Giugno

1874, 22 of June
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Heres the image with revere coloring..hope its easier to read..

Annas Birth Act

and here it is larger..

Largest Version

Looks like 1876 16th December to me.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Heres the same for Tommaso's Act

Birth Act

Hope this helps. :D
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi Nuccia thanks, yes for Anna Maria the birthyear is 1876 and for Tommaso 1874.. the your images are so better! kisses, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

suanj wrote:Hi Nuccia thanks, yes for Anna Maria the birthyear is 1876 and for Tommaso 1874.. the your images are so better! kisses, suanj
My pleasure Raffaella! :D Glad I could help too!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
jjk_16_21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jjk_16_21 »

Thank you all for your help once again. I don't know if I missed it in a post but on Anna Maria's Birth act, to the left of it, I thought it said something about her marriage? I could be wrong.
jjk_16_21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jjk_16_21 »

Nevermind i am sorry, I looked past it in a post. Sorry! Thank you all again. And for the bad picture quality. I asked the gentleman that was helping me copy the microfilm if there was a way to make it any clearer and he told me that is the best he could do. Thanks again!
jjk_16_21
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jjk_16_21 »

suanj wrote: number act 25 SECRETI Anna Maria
the 24 February 1898(?) the Secreti Anna Maria married at Guarascio Tommaso in San Giovanni in Fiore.. it transcribed in the marriage registry in 14° part 1° the 18 of September 1901
The Chancellor of the court
--------------------

The Secreti Anna Maria as legitimate child of Secreti spouses Giuseppe and Guzzo Filomena Domenica for following marriage of the 20 October 1897 and transcribed in the marriage registry of San Giovanni in Fiore to number act 117

the civil record officer
signature
San Giovanni in Fiore-Cosenza 26 March 1902

--------------------
:?
suanj
Can Anybody else read the marriage part to the left of Anna Maria's birth act? Suanj, why do you think they would have two different dates for the marriage? October 20 1987 and 24 February 1898.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

because are two transcriptions of marriage the first in the 18 sep 1901 and the second in 26 march 1902; also the marriage data are : 24 feb 1898(?) and the second date is 20 Oct 1897 or 1898... illegible, however are 2 transcriptions.. and also the note after first transcription, and in order with second transcription: "per susseguente" phrase that it means "for following".. suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH