DeLucia search

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SimoneTessitore
Rookie
Rookie

DeLucia search

Post by SimoneTessitore »

Hi everyone. You have helped me before and I'm hoping you can again today. I have the 1930 census showing my ggrandmother, Mary Farino, and her children Pasqualina Palladino (plus 5 more). The page is cut off after the second child (Rose) but a woman at the local History Center printed one for me that showed the full page, through person #100.

I didn't ask her how she did this because it didn't matter at that time. Well now it does. I have come to learn the people lower on that page are also related to me. They are listed on the copy I have as DeLutia, Thomas (40 years old, came over in 1908) and Amelia (45 years old, came over in 1905). And Salvator Delucia (age 33, came over in 1903 or 1913, it's hard to read), his wife Minnie (age 29, came over in 1915) and their children, all born in Connecticut; James, Mary, Angelo and Josephine.

I am just having the worst luck finding them. I can go right to the 1930 census page with Pasqualina on it, but you scroll down and the page is cut off. How in the world did that woman print the WHOLE page when I can't find it through Ancestry.com? Is there another place to look that may have it copied differently? And is that the reason I can't find Thomas or Salvator, because they're cut off the page?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
Simone
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: DeLucia search

Post by wldspirit »

I just downloaded the complete page for you, will be linking shortly.
wldspirit

*I have the image, and all names are present and accounted for..just having a hard time linking......all sites seem to be on overload.....will try again shortly.
SimoneTessitore
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks. How did you get the whole page? If I search by name I can't even get the people listed on the bottom.

Now all I have to do is find their manifests and verify they're the 'right' DeLucias.

Simone
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

I am still trying to get this image to upload........arghhhhhh!!!

I have heritagequest, as well as ancestry, and they had the complete image......will keep at it........

wldspirit :?
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Ok let's try this again.....

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/4093/dvimagedu3.jpg

trying to adjust image.........

wldspirit
SimoneTessitore
Rookie
Rookie

Thank you so much Wldspirit. I never heard of Heritage Quest but just went and checked it out. I've only been researching my family for a short time so this is all very new to me. I really appreciate you 'more experienced' helping out us newbies.

If there's anything else you can gleen about the DeLucias on that page I'd appreciate it. I'm coming up empty.

Thank you,

Simone
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

It's been one of those days...... 8O
I could not resize the image, but I know that Nuccia is great with these type of things......will take a look into the family a bit later.....need to finish cleaning up after a birthday party for my grandsons first birthday!!!
Lisa :)
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

For the 1930 census:

Thomas DeLucia, age 40, owns home, married @ 32, born in Italy, immigration of 1908 and is naturalized.
Wife Amelia, age 45, married @ 16, born in Italy, immigration of 1905 and is NOT naturalized.

Salvator DeLucia, age 33, rents home, married @ 23, born in Italy, immigration of 1903, is NOT naturalized.
Wife Minnie, age 29, married @ 19, born in Italy, immigration of 1915, is NOT naturalized.
Children:
James, age 9, born in Connecticut
Mary, age 6, born in Connecticut
Angelo, age 5, born in Connecticut
Josephine, age 1 1/2, born in Connecticut.

Did you need the info for the children of James and Mary??
wldspirit
SimoneTessitore
Rookie
Rookie

Holy crap Lisa, how do you do that? It's like a magic trick. OK, I know it's experience and knowledge and hard work, but dang. I'm not being very articulate, I'm just in awe. And yes, if you know how to find info on James and Mary that would be great.

I'm trying to establish if Salvator and Thomas were brothers or cousins. And the name of their mother(s) could be Christina or Rose Russo/Rossi. They were sisters of my ggrandmother Maria. I haven't had any luck finding manifests on them either.

A (newly found) cousin was asking me today how I found all of this stuff and I gave you guys tons of credit. I wouldn't be nearly as far along this journey without you.

Thank you again,

Simone
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

No magic involved.....just a summary of the info found on the census,
will take a look at finding further records.......ready to call it a night.......

ItalianGenealogy has the best team around, and it's that team effort that makes us number one!!!!!

Happy to have helped...... :D
Lisa
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Possible record:

World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918
Name: Salvator Delucia
City: New Haven
County: New Haven
State: Connecticut
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: 9 Sep 1896
Race: White
Roll: 1561917
DraftBoard: 5

http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/a73b82dbcd.jpg

wldspirit
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Just to let you know.......I have not forgotten you.....busy day yesterday,
am working on it now...... :wink:
wldspirit
SimoneTessitore
Rookie
Rookie

Thank you.
Simone
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

Just saw this post and am going to try to re link the census record for you. Now all I have to do is find the correct spelling!

Lets see if this works now..

1930 Manifest

1930 Census larger view

Its the best I could do right now since I used wldspirit link (my ancestry shows the same thing as yours. If you still have trouble reading it perhaps we can get wldspirit to email me the attachment and I can resize it from that.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Nuccia.....sending you the original......looked all morning thru the 1910 census.....no Salvator/e yet......just got back in, will resume looking for him.......... :?
Lisa