captain sorrentino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
girty
Veteran
Veteran

captain sorrentino

Post by girty »

My great-grandfather was a captain. But through our search we can not figure out captain of what. He was from Torre del greco and came to America in 1901 according to the 1920 cenus. Also on cenus he says no to military. But i don't know if that just mean in the usa. My question is can any one help with military records or sea captains of Italy?
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you don't know what he was captain of how can I direct you to the appropriate archive?? Who what when where and how Captain? Peter
girty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by girty »

Well Peter i wish I knew. All I know is he was a captain. We have a picture of their 50th wedding anniversary in 1932, It says Capt. and Mrs.Pasquale Sorrentino. In the military of Italy would they call some one a captain? or is this more of a ship person, I know torre del greco is near Napoli and have noticed alot of sorrentinos were sailors or ship hands. Not neccesarily related to me. Well I have no idea if this helps, but thanks for your time..............
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

I do not believe that I can help you with this one. Peter