Locana, Italy to Wakefield, Mi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bruno

Locana, Italy to Wakefield, Mi

Post by bruno »

I am reserching my husbands family and have been in contact with some of you before in other groups. I am trying to find family of Bruno Mattiet that lived in Locana. There are six siblings, Giovanni Bruno Mattiet, Maddalena Bruno Mattietta Negri, Giacomo, Pietro, Renaldo, Oreste, and Margareta. Giovanni and Maddalena came to the USA in 1919 and I believe the rest remained in Locana with some going to France. According to white pages there are several Bruno Mattiet's living in Locana today. Cindy
I am researching the families of Bruno, Bruno Mattiet, Bugni, Contratto, Quello, Tomasi, Perelli, and Negri. They are from Locana, Itay with some moving to Wakefield Michigan and Other to France.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

What is your inquiry?? I am disposed to direct you to appropriate websites and adddresses but I need to know your research objectives. Peter
bruno

Locana to Wakefield

Post by bruno »

As I am new to this site forgive me. I am looking for present and past relatives. Or someone else that is researching the same families as I. Am not sure where to go to look for the ancestors and which records would be the most beneficial. Any assistance would be great. Does that explain it?? Cindy
I am researching the families of Bruno, Bruno Mattiet, Bugni, Contratto, Quello, Tomasi, Perelli, and Negri. They are from Locana, Itay with some moving to Wakefield Michigan and Other to France.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

May I suggest that you purchase o borrow a book entitled Italian Genealogical records by Trafford R. Cole which will explain everything to you in very simple terms. Furthermore if you go to the HOME PAGE of this website and read what is written about Italian genealogy you will get an immediate dose of knowledge about Italian genealogy. Furthermore, if you want to do research then follow the effective rule of tracing your family backward from the USA thru Ellis Island and into Italy if that is how your ancestors arerived here in the USA. Any questions?? Peter
bruno

Post by bruno »

Got it, Thanks Cindy
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Just to get you started. Identify the relative who came to the USA by full name and birthyear then trace him from the USA to his entry into the USA as an immigrant..www.ellisisland.org or form 81 to NARA if he came ion some other port. When you find the town of origin he is from go to www.paginebianche.it and put in the surname in the first line and the town in the third line and click CERCA and that will give you all the people, if any, in that town with that surname by name,addresss and telephone number. If you get this far your half way there. Peter
bruno

Post by bruno »

Thank you Peter, Cindy
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Hope you enjoy the research. Peter
torinese54

Re: Locana, Italy to Wakefield, Mi

Post by torinese54 »

Hi, Cindy. I'm distantly related to your husband. From what I remember hearing when I was a kid, there were three branches of the Bruno family that came out of Locana: Bruno Mattiet, Bruno Ieno, and Bruno Lena. I'm the last of the Bruno Lena, and I think the Bruno Ienos were gone a long time ago. Several Brunos, including my grandfather, Giacomo, made their way to Michigan (Besmer) and then returned. (My grandfather was some kind of council member -- at least, they referred to him as Consul when I was little.) I think that if you manage to get a hold of someone at the little church there on Via Roma, they have all the baptismal records to help you.

All the best with it,

Anna (Bruno-Lena) Waterhouse
rjtarro

Re: Locana, Italy to Wakefield, Mi

Post by rjtarro »

Hello. We have a family tree on Ancestry.com with the core of our family originating from Locana. Names include Bugni and Tarro-Genta. The Procarione family is also actively developing family trees. Locana is a very small town.