LUNETTA, CONIGLIARO, FERRANTI info

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
josy24

LUNETTA, CONIGLIARO, FERRANTI info

Post by josy24 »

:?: New to this site and geneology search. Looking for info on the surnames LUNETTA, CONIGLIARO, FERRANTI from Palermo, (Carini) Sicily.
Also does anyone know if there is a site online that shows Italian Census records?
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Please specify just what information you are seeking in Carini for these surnames? Are you lookinf for relatives, documents? If you go to the www.paginebianche.it and put in the surname you are interested in the first line and Carini in the third line and click cerca all those persons in Carini with that name will appear ny name,address and telephone number.
As for the census office write to Ufficio di Anagrafe postale 90044, comune di Carini, Provincia Palermo. Peter
josy24

Carini

Post by josy24 »

:) Thanks. I am trying to find documents showing births and deaths of anyone with those surnames. I know most of the relatives still living there, but they are not much help. They can only give me info back to great-grandparents. I will try the suggestions you gave me.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

records in Sicily and southern Italu go back to the early 1800's(1803-1805). Prior to this you have to go to church records which should take you back to the 16th century as a result of the Cpuncil Of Trent when the church required registration of all parishoners. If you need church addresses please let me know. Peter
the-hepcat

Conigliaro

Post by the-hepcat »

Josy... I am descended from Serafina Conigilaro, daughter of Giacomo Conigliaro and Crucificia Mannino. Serafina was the spouse of Giacomo Cracchiolo and would have been my great-great grandmother. Unfortunately, that's about all I have. Do any of these individuals appear in your family tree? Please contact me at cortevi5@msu.edu .
JamesBianco
Staff
Staff

Re: LUNETTA, CONIGLIARO, FERRANTI info

Post by JamesBianco »

I have a really helpful site on Carini, with hundreds of online records here: http://www.jamesbianco.com/page5.html

There is also a Yahoo Carini Research group. Everything is available online to the year 1876.

Jim