How do I claim dual citizenship?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
LittleBallerina

How do I claim dual citizenship?

Post by LittleBallerina »

My came to the U.S.A. to marry my paternal grandfather, the marriage was decided upon by her family and my grandfather's family. Grandmother never became a U.S. citizen. She was born in Scicily. So was my grandfather. Maternal side. Grandmother born in U.S.A. but grandfather was born in Scicily. Grandmother's family set the marriage with grandfather's family. So on both sides I have one grandparent who never applied for citizenship.

I would like to know how I can claim dual citizenship? I heard it can be done if you are a grandchild of such marriages.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Go to www.myitalianfamily.com and I believe they offer assistance with dual nationality. This forum is not the place for information that may or may not be correct. Rules, regulations, policy and procedures required by the Italian government may change at any time and you will need the services of someone who deals with these matters on a day to day basis. Peter
lemarche

Re: How do I claim dual citizenship?

Post by lemarche »

LittleBallerina wrote:My came to the U.S.A. to marry my paternal grandfather, the marriage was decided upon by her family and my grandfather's family. Grandmother never became a U.S. citizen. She was born in Scicily. So was my grandfather. Maternal side. Grandmother born in U.S.A. but grandfather was born in Scicily. Grandmother's family set the marriage with grandfather's family. So on both sides I have one grandparent who never applied for citizenship.

I would like to know how I can claim dual citizenship? I heard it can be done if you are a grandchild of such marriages.
go to myitaliancitizenship.com and simply read the requirements to see if you qualify. use them for obtaining italian documents and obtain US documents on your own by making some telephone calls to the county clerks offices having the US documents. you do not need an attorney to get US documents from county clerks offices or court houses etc !
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: How do I claim dual citizenship?

Post by ptimber »

You are being redundant. Peter