Gaetano Francesco Antonio Bucci

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tfs985
Rookie
Rookie

Gaetano Francesco Antonio Bucci

Post by tfs985 »

Hi I have posted before regarding my Bucci relatives. I just found a Gaetano Francesco Antonio Bucci of Foggia on familysearch.org. My grandmothers grandfather was Gaetano Bucci born in the same year. I was under the impression they were Northern Italian though. Is there any way to see if he was married to a woman named Christina? You guys have gotten info on here before stating that they came over to the U.S. in 1884 or 1886. I've looked on Ellis Island and a lot of other sites, but this information alludes me...I'm thinking of subscribing to Ancestry.com...does anybody know if I can get good Italian records on that site?
Biff83
Master
Master

Re: Gaetano Francesco Antonio Bucci

Post by Biff83 »

Possible 1900 Census record

New Jersey, Atlantic, Hammonton

Giatano Bucci, age 39, occupation farmer, year of immigration 1883
Christiana, wife, age 37, no stated year of imigration
Mary, age 13
Annie, age 11
Bridget, age 9
Lizzie, age 7
Michael, age 6
Daisey, age 2
All children born New Jersey

Possible 1910 Census Record

New Jersey, Atlantic, Hammonton
Same family except two older girls, Mary and Annie not listed
But now shows son Tony, age 6, with previous children listed in 1900
Gaetano's occupation, farmer, stated year of immigration 1884
Christina's stated year of occupation 1886
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi John & tfs985,

All the census information has been previously posted on other threads.

At this point,I would like to know what US records the poster has obtained on Gaetano Bucci & his family.

tfs985

Information from familysearch.org should be consulted, but you still need to follow your family through records to comfirm any connection to the information.

:) jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

jcsm400 wrote:Hi John & tfs985,

All the census information has been previously posted on other threads.

Sorry for the redundant info. Will try to remember to check previous threads.
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

No problem :) ...... I still forget to do it, too! :oops:

jcsm
tfs985
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tfs985 »

sorry I didn't make it clear in my original post that I had the info...like I said...I've inquired about the Bucci's a couple times on here....if I can't find anything on familysearch or ellisisland.org do you think there is some info on ancestry.com? the year of immigration is 1883 so I'm thinking they might not have any record of what part of Northern Italy they are from...thanks again
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

jcsm400 wrote:Hi John & tfs985,

At this point,I would like to know what US records the poster has obtained on Gaetano Bucci & his family.

Vital records and/or church records often contain the town information. If you haven't already, obtain birth records & baptismal records for all their children. Have you obtained Gaetano's death record?...Another that may have the information

jcsm
tfs985
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tfs985 »

All I have are the census records that you guys posted on here....they are not listed in the SSDI for some reason. The only thing I know is from family....they told me they are near the Swiss border and are pretty close to Croatia
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Here is link that shows where to write to obtain the childrens' birth records.

http://www.vitalrec.com/njcounties.html#Atlantic

Do you know when & where Gaetano Bucci died? Atlantic Co., NJ?....Request death record from above.

You have an address (es) from the census records. Using a map site like mapquest.com, see about determining the church they may have attended.....Contact the church for baptismal records. These may have additional information on them that isn't included on their civil records.

Obituaries are also a good source to try........Contact a public library in town of death.

Without going through all the posts, if Gaetano was married in the US, request that record also.

Please note, I'm saying birth records, death record, marriage record, not certificates. Certificates only contain the information that the clerk filling the request puts on it, which is not always all the information.

Hope this helps & keep us posted

jcsm
tfs985
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tfs985 »

Thanks for all the great info...

I know the town they lived in...Hammonton,NJ...about 30 minutes from where I grew up.

Next time I go to jersey I'll have to obtain some of their records.

I'll keep ya posted.
tfs985
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tfs985 »

Hey another question....

I don't know G.Bucci's death date or mother and father's maiden name.

Should I request records for one of their children? Would any of their records have their parents' birthplace?
tfs985
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tfs985 »

I've noticed on ellisisland.org every Italian came from Southern Italy. What port did the Northern Italians come to American in?
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

Gaetano and Christina appear to be the mother of Adelena. She is listed as Daisey, born Nov. 1897 in the 1900 census, and as Dolly in the 1910 census. Since her second son and second daughter were named Guy and Christina, I am sure that her parents share those names.

It stated in the 1900 census of New Jersy, that Gaetano came in 1884. The important point, however, was that he was a naturalized citizen. This is paperwork you can find in New Jersey and his declaration of intent may well tell the place where he came from, where he was born, the ship he travelled on.

Worth looking into..........
tfs985
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tfs985 »

yeah Adeline is my grandmother's mother (my great-grandmother) and she has a brother Guy and a sister Christina....I'm going to contact the city of Hammonton...what should I ask for Naturalization records?
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

Most likely in the Superior Courts.

You want the information filled out prior to naturalization... in his application for citizenship. These are the Declaration of Intent, the Petition of Naturalization.

If you go to a Family History Library nearest to you, they may have on permanent hold the index to naturalizations, or declarations of intent, petitions for naturalizations. If you can find access to the indexes...even the public libraries there...you can hunt down the numbers for Gaetano. Will make accessing them easier since you don't have an exact date.

Otherwise check with the courthouse to see what they might have. Before 1900 and probably between 1890 and 1900...but you will have to find that out. That is why an index comes in handy.

Good Luck