Please, how are drafted the Sicilian acts?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Graziella62

Please, how are drafted the Sicilian acts?

Post by Graziella62 »

I have never seen a Sicilian original act, but only French transcriptions.
In France the birth certificate indicates the age, the profession of the parents and their place of birth, as well as the address where they lived in the birth of the child ? In Sicily also ?

For example for my grandfather Eugénio ALESSANDRA 12/03/1894 born to ENNA ( Sicily), could the birth certificate indicate me this information ?
It would allow, in one or two years to fix the year of birth of the father and the mother.
Then with the ten-year tables ( 1866-1910 ), it would be easier to find the exact born date of Salvatore ALESSANDRA and Giuseppa belvedere.

Only, if the place of birth of the parents is not indicated, or as I believe it, they were not of ENNA but maybe CALTAGIRONE, then only the marriage certificate could give their date of birth (or the death certificate but I do not know the time of their death). Does the Sicilian marriage certificate give the age of the parents ? In which part : I, II or III ?

Let us calculate : my grandfather Eugénio ALESSANDRA was born on March 12, 1894.
Supposing that he is the first child, the wedding date of the parents can be considered previous to July - August, 1893.
Search in the ten-year tables should give the wedding date which will allow directly to find the marriage certificate.

Is this reasoning correct and applicable with the available elements of the state - civilian in Sicily ?

With my thanks for your invaluable information.
Warmly
Graziella
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Unless somebody comes to your rescue here in this forum, I would suggest that you write, in Italian language, what you want and send it to the Uffico di Stato Civile in the town of Enna and ask them what you want to know. I cannot answer you properly. Sorry. Peter
Graziella62

Post by Graziella62 »

Thank you for this answer
Graziella
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

It is necessary to demand "Estratto Atto di Nascita" to Enna's Common. In Estratto Atto di Nascita (it is various from simple Birth certificate) following normally information are found:
- Paternity and maternity(father and mother of child)and they age
- date and hour of birth
-child's name of baptism
- birth place
- address house where the birth has happened
- last name and name of the obstetrician
- name and last name, place, age and profession of present witnesses to child's birth

Occorre richiedere "Estratto Atto di Nascita" al Comune di Enna.
In Estratto atto di nascita(diverso dal semplice Atto di Nascita) si trovano normalmente le seguenti informazioni:
-Paternità e maternità del bambino e loro età
-data e ora di nascita
-nome imposto al bambino
-luogo di nascita
-indirizzo casa dove è avvenuta la nascita
-cognome e nome dell'ostetrica
-nome e cognome, luogo, età, professione dei testimoni presenti alla nascita del bambino
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

For other information can be demanded the "Foglio di famiglia" or "Stato di Famiglia" of Salvatore Alessandra and Giuseppa.

In these acts (are equivalents) find the following information:
- Name and last name spouses
- place and date of birth of the spouses
- names, place and birth's date of their sons.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For knowing the union date it must demand the "Certificato di matrimonio".
In this document the following normally information are found:
- name and last name, place and birth's date and age and profession of spouses
- respective addresses house
- paternity and maternity of their parents and place of residence
- name and last name, place and date of birth, and address and profession of witnesses to wedding
(excuse my bad english) :lol: suanj
Graziella62

for Suanj

Post by Graziella62 »

With a little of delay …
Thank you very much for your invaluable information.

Warmly
Graziella
:wink: