How to pay for doc from Italy

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Nello-LosAngeles
Rookie
Rookie

How to pay for doc from Italy

Post by Nello-LosAngeles »

Good Morning
I have need of 3 Italian birth, marriage docs, certificated on "legal paper", for application for citizenship. I want to write to the Commune Capannori, Lucca to make the request. I have read that I should include "international postage reply coupons and self addressed envelope, but how much money should I enclose and in what form? In research, I see they charge for these.

Thanks,
Nello
mler
Master
Master

Re: How to pay for doc from Italy

Post by mler »

Nello, I used a service (see my response to etrooney on the other thread). It's a bit more costly but much easier. You might want to check on rates.
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Nello-LosAngeles wrote:Good Morning
I have need of 3 Italian birth, marriage docs, certificated on "legal paper", for application for citizenship. I want to write to the Commune Capannori, Lucca to make the request. I have read that I should include "international postage reply coupons and self addressed envelope, but how much money should I enclose and in what form? In research, I see they charge for these.

Thanks,
Nello
Nello,
to be sure, you should call the Comune of Capannori and talk to the person in charge if they need any money, usually they issue this kind of certificates for free, but some Comune don't spend the money for the reply.

Here where to call

Ufficio Stato Civile
Piazza Aldo Moro, 1 – 55012 Capannori (LU)

da lunedì a sabato 8.30 – 12

tel. 0583 428228 fax 0583 428342 / 428230

stato.civile@comune.capannori.lu.it

I hope it helps,
bye Riccardo :lol:
Nello-LosAngeles
Rookie
Rookie

mler and Ricardo,

Thank you for the information. I checked myitalianfamily's rates for what I need. $300. I 'll try to get them directly. I have some down time while I wait for the correction of a US document.

Nello
corrado
Elite
Elite

Post by corrado »

Oh this is wounderfull... no one told me this.... do I need to get all the documents on legal paper, I am getting things on free paper with no bola or document stamp. I went to the counsulate in chicago and they didn't say anything about that, but I suspect the gentleman I talked to is just giving me any answer to get ride of me.... Ah italia
Nello-LosAngeles
Rookie
Rookie

corrado
I have only been at this for 2 months, here is what I have learned. To the best of my knowledge, All doc need to be certified with names of parents etc. There seem to be several ways they will provide the information. The old records are in books. When we request a copy they "extract" the information from the offical record.

For citizenship application, I am certain they must be "carte legale" legal paper. Ricardo, on this site says also ask for the doucments in "formoto plurilingue" - multi language format.

My request was "estratto dell'atto di nascita in formoto plurilingue, in carte legale". Maybe it was redundant but it want them right in the first request.

Nello
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

The kind of certificates accepted to the italian consulate are already in "Carta legale" (legal paper)

They are "Estratto dell'atto di nascita/matrimonio/morte in formato plurilingue"

or "Estratto per riassunto dell'atto di nascita/matrimonio/morte"

I hope it helps, bye Riccardo