im looking for all my pistone relatives

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
donnie_brasco

im looking for all my pistone relatives

Post by donnie_brasco »

my grandmother's maiden name was sarah pistone, and recently i found out that im supposedly related to FBI agent Joeseph D Pistone. but i also want to know how many other relatives i have that i dont know about. i also am told the town of Carlentini was renamed after my great grandmother's family, i dont know her first name. if you can help please give me any info you have
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Re: im looking for all my pistone relatives

Post by nuccia »

Heres a lists of immigrants going through Ellis Island with the surname Pistone. You may want to go through it and see if they hold any clues for you..

Pistone Manifests

Heres a listing of people with your surname still living in Italy.

Pistone Living in Italy

You can also see this site for info on Carlentini.

http://sicilia.indettaglio.it/eng/comun ... ntini.html

As for figuring out who else you may be related to....start with what you know and work backwards. Write down everything you can beginning with yourself. Include birth years and maiden names. You can use the family group charts available here to keep yourself organized.

Hope this helps a bit.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
alamarina

Re: im looking for all my pistone relatives

Post by alamarina »

nuccia wrote:Heres a lists of immigrants going through Ellis Island with the surname Pistone. You may want to go through it and see if they hold any clues for you..

Pistone Manifests

Heres a listing of people with your surname still living in Italy.

Pistone Living in Italy

You can also see this site for info on Carlentini.

http://sicilia.indettaglio.it/eng/comun ... ntini.html

As for figuring out who else you may be related to....start with what you know and work backwards. Write down everything you can beginning with yourself. Include birth years and maiden names. You can use the family group charts available here to keep yourself organized.

Hope this helps a bit.
Ciao tutti,

I just joined and wanted to say hi to all, especially the Pistones. Just wanted to say that I visited my grandfather's home town a few years ago, Ali Terme, formerly Ali Marina, and found lots of Pistones. Half the town came out when I was there. As soon as you drive into this little seaside town you see Cafe Pistone, a little espresso place. I found a few people who said they knew my grandfather and saw a guy there who looked just like him, but he's had so much wine I couldn't really speak coherently with him : ) Love those Italians.