sassoguidano

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
mwilken
Rookie
Rookie

sassoguidano

Post by mwilken »

Question: I am preparing to write relatives (in Italian) for the first time. I am actually looking for them in what I have read is a nature preserve, north of Montese. When the first son left Italy in 1910, he left his mother . Records show she lived in Sassoguidano. Today, I wonder when it became a nature preserve or was it always a preserve, and will it effect my efforts to contact a relative?
Is Pavullo part of this preserve.
Thank you
MW
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: sassoguidano

Post by liviomoreno »

Sassoguidano is a preserve situated in the commune of Pavullo nel Frignano, province of Modena. The preserve was established in 1995.
Mayor of Pavullo nel Frignano is Romano Canovi, email canovi.r@comune.pavullo-nel-frignano.mo.it
mwilken
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mwilken »

Thanks for the update on Sassoguidano. I am now looking for a church there, in the preserve, and I think it is named St Paolo catholic church. My husbandsgrand father that lived in sassoguidano was named Paolo.He left and came to America. I was wondering if I could get any info on the church, located in sassoguidano.He may have very well been baptised there and after the patron ,Saint Paul. Have tried the internet without success. Any suggestions?
Thank you again. You guys are great!

MW
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

I located this address.....

Parrocchia CONVERSIONE DI S. PAOLO
VIA SASSO GUIDANO , SASSOGUIDANO
41020 PAVULLO NEL FRIGNANO , MO

checking for a website..