surname SCARABELLO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
deelieta

surname SCARABELLO

Post by deelieta »

I am trying to find a Paulo Scarabello that emigrated from italy to brasil in the 1880's. Where is the best place for me to start looking? Does anyone know if the name Scarabello comes from a particular region of italy? Thank you.

Sto cerando per un Paulo Scarabello che è andato in brasil dal'italia verso le anni 1880 -1890. piu di questa non lo so. Se qualcuno sa se il nome Scarabello viene dal un regione particulare per favore fammi sapere e anche dove posso andare per trovare piu informazione. vi ringrazio.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi: Scarabello is surname very diffused in Veneto and all north Italy. Also in Lazio and Toscana region is diffused. One small presence in Sicily. Totall presence in 154 Commons.
From Fondazione Agnelli http://www.italians-world.org/Italy/
I have only found 1 Scarabello person left for Brasil:
Cognome
Scarabello

Nome
Anna Maria

Parentela
Esposa

Professione

Paese d'origine(origin's place)
Orgiano

Provincia d'origine(origin's province and region)
Vicenza(Veneto)

Nave(ship)
Adria
Data d'arrivo(arrival's date)
31/12/1888

it travelled with its spouse, but name of husband is not specified

:roll: suanj
deelieta

Post by deelieta »

I have found out some more information. Paolo (E)SCARABELLO was born in 1861 in the provincia di PADOVA. His father was PASCHOALI ESCARABELLO and his mother was GAZITA SANTA. I have written to the Comune di Padova to see if they can help me find the Birth Certificate. If anyone can give me any more ideas as to what I can do now it would be much appreiciated. I am not sure which city he came from, all I know is that it was in the Province of Padova. How can I find out? Is it necessary for me to go to Padova?
thanks for any help :D
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

In Italy you need to kjnow the toen of birth to obtain documents or the town where they got married for marriage certificate.Padova will not be able to tell you anything except for Padova and that is the provincial capital where only record for the city are kept. Peter (for Suanji).