Callegari - Ghiglieri genealogy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ccalleg

Callegari - Ghiglieri genealogy

Post by ccalleg »

Hi all,

I'm trying to discover my own "family forest". I'm looking information about my ancestors: "Antonio Callegari" and "Anunciada -or Annunciata- Ghiglieri", both italians but don't know the place of birth.
Antonio was born in Italy near 1844. Anunciada was born in Italy near 1847-1848.
They came to Argentina and got married in Buenos Aires, church "Iglesia de la Piedad" on June 13th, 1874. Two specific persons were present during the marriage: "Maria Ghiglieri" and "Antonio Piccetti".
They had 5 children: Domingo (Domenico), Jose, Antonio, Juan, and Benito Pedro Marcos.
Antonio's parents were: Domingo Callegari and Angela Parmegiano.
Anunciada's parents were: Benito Ghiglieri and Luisa Beronia.

I have the certificates of baptisms of her children, and the following names appears like friends of Antonio and Anunciada:
Lorenzo Ghiglieri, Luisa Ghiglieri, Agustin Rossi, Luis Casanova, Catalina Baronia, Marcos de Paoli, Maria Ginocchio.

Do you have any information that could be helpful in order to find where Antonio and Maria were born in Italy? or any other interested information?
Thanks in advance.
Claudia
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Callegari - Ghiglieri genealogy

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Claudia,

Unfortunately, there isn't much that we can do for you except to provide same sites & guidance. You need to determine Italian town of origin to be able to trace the families in Italy. Obtain as much documentation as you can. Hopefully, something will have their birth town(s) information.

This is a research outline for Argentina.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... entina.asp

Another one that is for Jewish research in Argentina, but it applies to all researchers.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... entina.asp

This site may also be useful.

http://worldroots.com/brigitte/b11_index.html

At this site, you can type in the surname & get a distribution map.

http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/gen ... l?cognome=

Hope this helps.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
ccalleg

Post by ccalleg »

Thanks for the hints.

A pair of questions...

1) Is "Anunciada" the correct spelling for an italian woman? Or probably "Annunciata" o "Annunciada"?

2) I have the "suspicion" that they came from Cormuneglia, La Spezia. What do you suggest to go deep inside this?

Thanks,
Claudia
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Annunciata is a variant of Annunziata.

Annunziata means "annunciation" in Italian, referring to the event in the New Testament in which the angel Gabriel told Mary of the imminent birth of Jesus.

As stated, "to go deep inside this," you need the town information. Once you get that, we can tell you how to obtain the records from the Italian town.

jcsm
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Annunciata is a variant of Annunziata.

Annunziata means "annunciation" in Italian, referring to the event in the New Testament in which the angel Gabriel told Mary of the imminent birth of Jesus.

Since you do have Antonio's parents names you can contact the province archive of La Spezia & request a search for his military record and/or draft card. This will list his town of birth.

http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... +SPEZIA%22

Request should be in Italian.

jcsm
ccalleg

Post by ccalleg »

Is there any place where I can search for people that left Italy from Genova port, with destination info? Like list of passengers... I would like to check if I can find any info starting from the departure dates...
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

I believe that Annunziata Ghiglieri born in some part of Liguria region.. the mother surname is BERONIO and no Beronia... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

the Callegari and Parmegiano( right: Parmeggiani) could be in Emilia Romagna region, especially Albareto town, Bedonia town, or Modena.. just my idea... only a suggestion... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

ccalleg wrote:I'm trying to discover my own "family forest". I'm looking information about my ancestors: "Antonio Callegari" and "Anunciada -or Annunciata- Ghiglieri", both italians but don't know the place of birth.
Antonio was born in Italy near 1844. Anunciada was born in Italy near 1847-1848.
Claudia
Hi Claudia,

If you take the surname Ghiglieri and type it into the Ellis Island Website, the most common town that shows up with that surname is the town called Cuorgne.

Now this is only a "possibility". You need some more proof.

However, just in case you want to write to this town as an option, here is the address.

Ufficio Stato Civile
Comune did Courgne
Via Garibaldi, 9
10082 Cuorgnè TO
ITALY

Here is a link that will help you translate your letter into Italian.
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

Here is the official website of the town.
http://www.comune.cuorgne.to.it/

Here are some links about South America and researching.

The link below might help you find when your ancestors arrived. You have to register, but it's free. Click on the words "Find Your Roots", create a user name and password and then you can search for Brazil and Argentina

click here

This link has some helpful genealogy links about Argentina.
click here

Roots Web Message Boards
click here

Here are some websites that might be helpful with you trying to locate your ancestors.
click here

Geneagoly.com Forum on Brazil
click here

A few links about Brazil and genealogy
click here

Some of the links on this page might help.
clcik here

Sephardic Genealogy Resources
click here

Immigration Information
click here

Immigration site
click here

Cousin Connect Forum
click here

Naturalization Records in Brazil
click here

I hope this helps,
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Hello,
if you are looking for birth records of that time, the Comune keeps them from about 1866.
So you have to go look for them in the church of Cuorgnè

Reverendo padre
Chiesa di S. Dalmazzo Martire
Via Tealdi 5,
10082 Cuorgnè (TO)
ITALY

Happy to help you.... :lol:
bye Riccardo
DianeGinocchio

Post by DianeGinocchio »

My Ginocchio family was orginally from Vareze and La Spezia, Ligure, Genova, Italy. In 1876 Giovanni Ginocchio (born 1852) came to California, USA and in 1883 his wife Angelina DePaoli (born 1850) and daughter Maria Ginocchio joined him. Angelina's mother was Maria Depaoli and her father's name was Ghiglieri Guglielmo. Ginovanni's parents were Giambatista Ginocchio and Madalina Calegari - his mother was called Maria Ginocchio. Giovanni also had a sister named Maria Ginocchio who remained in Italy. My cousin has been to Italy and has church records of the family. It sounds like we might be the same family. I would love to exchange info.
annedepaoli

Post by annedepaoli »

Diane,

Maybe you can help me. My family came to America in 1906, however I am having problems finding any info from the 1850's back. I have a Giovanni Depaoli, b 1849 married to a Madalena Ginocchio, child Pietro Depaoli. I noticed some similarities between your family and mine and was wondering if you have either of these two names in your genealogy. Especially the Madalina Ginocchio name associated with DePaoli. Please let me know if you have any connections.

By the way, what part of California did your family move to? My family is from Porterville area of the central valley.

Anne Depaoli Kearns
biancaberonio

Post by biancaberonio »

Hi! I noticed you were looking for more information about your family. I'm a member of the Beronio family, my father Jose Antonio was born in Peru but his family hails from Genova (Genoa) Italy. you could contact me if you have any specific family questions, perhaps you could even help me find out some things about the family, since I have also been researching the Beronios.
italianlaw
Rookie
Rookie

Post by italianlaw »

Diane De Napoli Kerns and Diane Ginocchio

Please contact at italianlaw@comcast.net

I have important information regarding your family's abandoned property in Varese Ligure (SP)

Anthony Alioto
www.italianlaw.net
Novato, CA